• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Worst Injury You've Suffered

Kiera

TRIBE Member
When I was 3 or 4 my parents were having a party and one of their friends was entertaining the kids by catching them as they jumped off the top bunk of a bunk bed. Well he missed when I jumped and I landed head first into the corner of a table. I have a nice scar right in between my eyebrows where I had to get a couple of stiches. All I remember about that night is that when I got to the doctor he said I had to get rid of my gum, so I gave it to my mom. After he stiched me up, I asked for my gum back and my mom said she had thrown it out. I was so sad.

I was also attacked by my uncles guard dog on his farm. He caught me right on the arm and held a good grip. Thank god for shock cause damn! He tore some tendons outa my arm, lucky I got away.

Caz

TRIBE Member
I got stabbed with a fishing filet knife to the handle by my friend when we were playing around a few years ago.

"Dude! I just stabbed you!"
"Fuck, what should we do?"

Oddly enough, I was stabbed another time out in florida in an unrelated event. needless to say I'm kinda shaky around a shank now

TK - 421

TRIBE Member
In Grade 11, I was trying to turn the corner in a Rugby game. I had one tackler coming at me from the side and another from upfield. I was able to partially deke the side defender, but he managed to grab a hold of my shorts. It was enough to slow me down as I tried to head fake the upfield tackler. I got hit in the midsection and my body rotated to the right, as the side defender pulled back on the shorts. I felt an intense pain through my groin but I assumed i'd simply been squared. The game was almost over and I was trying to impress a girl, so I didn't come out. This was despite an ever-worsening tension in my genitals.

After showering and completely soaking two sets of clothes with sweat, I decided to take a closer look at my injury in the mirror. A quick look at my scrotum revealed a disturbing distinction; my right nut appeared to have been replaced by a lemon. My father was out of town at the time, so I was forced to show my ever-swelling scrotum to my mother. As she reared back from the sight, it was immediately clear that I needed the emergency room - stat.

Turns out the rugby hit completely twisted my right testicle around and cut off the blood supply. Luckily, the testicle had begun untwisting itself but the urologist suggested I have sutures put in to prevent this unfortunate event from recurring. I concured, and went in for surgery. They entered through the scrotum and fixed me up. I have never twisted a testicle since then.

True Story.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i think i secretly love bringing this stuff up...

- a 12" record to the face. a visit to the hospital which included a tetanus shot in my ass and stitches between my eyes. my health card expired that day, and you can see that i've got black eyes and stitches in my forehead in the photo on my new card.

- i was trying to open a door with a door stopper under it, but didn't notice. my sister and her friend came along as i was knocking, asking someone to help me get out. they ALSO didn't realize there was a door stopper underneath. they both shouldered the door in, skipping it over the doorstop full-force, and clearing anything that wasn't under 1/2" in height. including my big toe.

the nail was jammed back into the nail bed, and cracked up like a pop can tab. it bled like somethin' fierce, and the nail fell off completely (after flapping around on my toe) a few weeks later. it took about 6 months for it to completely grow back - but looks completely normal now.

- my mom got into a car accident which put a wrinkle in the frame around the rear passenger door. thus, making it VERY tricky to close, and in need of a swiftly administered hip-check whenever it came to lock-up time. one time, i thought my mom forgot to lock the door, and was reaching in to flick the lock as she was mid-hip-check... slamming the stiff and -SURPRISE!- already locked door, on my pointer finger.

she had to fish around in her purse for her car keys, open up the front passenger door, reach back, unlock the back door and free my finger, while i stared down and looking at the other half of my pointer sticking out of the door. i had four stitches.

Kiera

TRIBE Member
oh yeah. i forgot I also fell down the stairs and broke my ankle. This next one hurt way more though, when I was about 15 my friend and I decided we should tie a skipping rope to her bike and she'll pull me on my roller blades. It was fun until we went downhill and hit a fork in the road. She went right, I went left, hit a pebble and went skidding on pebbled pavement for a long while. I screwed up my knees so bad I could almost see the bone and I couldnt bend my knees for 2 months. shit that was probably the most painful thing I have ever done to myself. the worst part was in the middle of summer so I was stuck sitting on a couch the rest of the summer. booo!

ghaleon

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
ive never really hurt myself, my dad broke his leg at work didnt notice for like 3 days, went to the dr said his leg hurt, dr is like...buddy , your leg is broke
clean break which isnt nearly as painful as normal breaks....smeh
he didnt stop working, i hated working for him, nothing bothered him:(

Ive never seriously hurt myself either

couple of stiches to the head falling off the monkey bars when i was young, but thats it

debunct

TRIBE Promoter
Hockey accident in december of last year.

Double whammy...

Shattered wrist (complete reconstructive surgery with plates and pins) and shattered kneecap. Both on the right side. Extremely painful event that I never want to recreate.

Still in physio.

The only change to lifestyle after all of this now is 1) i quit playing competitive hockey 2) i know have to wipe my arse with my left hand (and getting better :O )

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
i got t boned in my car once while going through an intersection!

fire dept had to cut me out of the car even!

injuries weren't severe as in broken bones.. but they were long lasting.. couldn't work for a few months.. did physio for months.. had a 3 week headache!

kick

TRIBE Member
I have never really injured myself besides burns and minor cuts

although....

Whilst in labor my baby didn't wan't to turn her head...I now have my most impressive scar :D

TMI?

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
i think i secretly love bringing this stuff up...

- a 12" record to the face. a visit to the hospital which included a tetanus shot in my ass and stitches between my eyes. my health card expired that day, and you can see that i've got black eyes and stitches in my forehead in the photo on my new card.

- i was trying to open a door with a door stopper under it, but didn't notice. my sister and her friend came along as i was knocking, asking someone to help me get out. they ALSO didn't realize there was a door stopper underneath. they both shouldered the door in, skipping it over the doorstop full-force, and clearing anything that wasn't under 1/2" in height. including my big toe.

the nail was jammed back into the nail bed, and cracked up like a pop can tab. it bled like somethin' fierce, and the nail fell off completely (after flapping around on my toe) a few weeks later. it took about 6 months for it to completely grow back - but looks completely normal now.

- my mom got into a car accident which put a wrinkle in the frame around the rear passenger door. thus, making it VERY tricky to close, and in need of a swiftly administered hip-check whenever it came to lock-up time. one time, i thought my mom forgot to lock the door, and was reaching in to flick the lock as she was mid-hip-check... slamming the stiff and -SURPRISE!- already locked door, on my pointer finger.

she had to fish around in her purse for her car keys, open up the front passenger door, reach back, unlock the back door and free my finger, while i stared down and looking at the other half of my pointer sticking out of the door. i had four stitches.
jebus,..,.:(

i did get a hockey stick to the eye, missed my eyeball by 3/4 of an inch or i would have lost that thing...like 15 stitches(didnt really think that counted)
stabbed by my bro as we jumped on an old couch stabbin it for some reason.....it sounded fun til he accidentally shanked me(again, didnt thinkmuch of it)

Last edited:

kaniz

TRIBE Member
- Face 1st through a plate glass window, hole in my cheek so deep I could put my finger in my mouth, and poke it through my cheek - this amused me to no end.
- broken wrist
- concussion

I also had a tumor in grade 4 and spent about a month at sick kids.