• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Worst DJ Mixer you have owned.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Maybe for home use, but I wouldn't play out on it.
I've A/B'd it on a big system with Pioneer DJM800 and it sounded as good if not better. It is a killer mixer and while I probably would buy the DJM800 instead if money weren't an issue, there is no way the DJM800 is $1000 better.

Actually in a lot of ways the Behringer is better than the DJM800, MIDI implentation for example.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
my first was by FAR the worst mixer I've ever owned.

went to some crap tastic DJ shop in sauga.. was so excited to get something i took whatever i could afford. pretty sure the guy ripped me off to! :p

behold... the Gemini PMX 15a Scratchmaster!!

in2house

TRIBE Member
First mixer was purchased way back in 94...

Took good care of it and it still works today. It always comes in handy for little jobs as basic pre-amp.

craig anderson

TRIBE Member
First mixer was purchased way back in 94...

Took good care of it and it still works today. It always comes in handy for little jobs as basic pre-amp.
And this was my second mixer after the Realistic! Was trying to google it yesterday...for some reason I thought it was a Gemini. It's sitting around somewhere!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ghaleon

TRIBE Member
lots of stellar mixers :) I have been fortunate enough to have never owned a REALLY crappy mixer, altho my first one was a numark sm3. It had an optical fader which was actually really nice. uild quality wasnt fantastic, but it was a solid first mixer

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter

I'm still rocking this bad boy right now. Just about every pot and channel is scratchy or busted in one way or another.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
My first mixer was a Citronic bought in 95. This was before Citronic got bought out and went cheap. The still hand built their mixers in England at that time. I used it up until last year. The sound quality was and still is amazing.

The worst mixer I've owned was a Vestax PMC-27 I bought it to replace the Citronic in 99. I sold it after a day of use. The craptastic sound quality was the reason.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
ashg, that mixer is too much!

I'm curious about the orange dial. I'm guessing that's the PFL? Where's the headphone volume control?

my first and worst mixer was definitely this guy. It stood up pretty good for a while but within a couple of months, almost everything went wrong.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

AshG

ashg, that mixer is too much!

I'm curious about the orange dial. I'm guessing that's the PFL? Where's the headphone volume control?

[/IMG]
its just the cue channel selector.
from what i recall, there was no cue volume really. awesome!
it taught me to cue super quiet, which i still do to this day.

AshG

This was my worst...
i have the pmc 17a for many years and loved it.
it taught me to mix on 3 decks and also how to use fx in a mix. for what it cost, it was a super bargain imo.

trying to remember... i think all of my mixes up to maybe bumpin 3 were done on this mixer.
probably about 1/3 of my mixes i guess, and i stand by them!

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
i have the pmc 17a for many years and loved it.
it taught me to mix on 3 decks and also how to use fx in a mix. for what it cost, it was a super bargain imo.

trying to remember... i think all of my mixes up to maybe bumpin 3 were done on this mixer.
probably about 1/3 of my mixes i guess, and i stand by them!
My main complaint is no cue volume for the track you wanna bring in.
This was my last mixer. I miss it.

AshG

My main complaint is no cue volume for the track you wanna bring in.
u mean like a channel output meter for each channel?
yeah, unfortunate, tho if memory serves, it at least had a little red thingy that'd light up if it got close to over-driving it.

i remember when the pioneer 500 came out that it was one of the very few mixers that had that feature.
its surprising how many mixers still don't have that. many of the rotary models are still like this, and it's balls.

ethnik

TRIBE Member
first ever mixer circa 1991 was a GLI PMX 9000 mixer. bought it used from the local college, which had one in their student radio room collecting dust for years and years. it is still kicking around my 'rents place and still functional.

worst mixer I ever owned was the A&H Zone 32. such shitty design and ergonomics, though i sure loved those filters

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories