• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

World War III has already started

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Shells being lobbed back and forth across the border now according to many twitter accounts on the ground (supposedly, but they could be bots).

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya maybe - I mean a lot of American discourse on World Politics is about how the current president being onside/offside from one's own party means "bad event X happened". It's like the primary reason anything happens in the world - ever - is due to America's percieved "strength" or "resolve" in other country's minds. But this is navel gazing american exceptionalism -> actors around the world have complex calculations and their own driving forces and make decisions for a TON of reasons outside american action/inaction.

Putin gonna do what Putin gonna do - in other words!

praktik

TRIBE Member

Russia's Criminal Aggression Against Ukraine​

A larger war between Russia and Ukraine is a catastrophe for both countries​

Russia has launched an illegal war of aggression against Ukraine. Putin announced the start of the operation in an early morning statement. It remains to be seen how expansive the military campaign is, but as of tonight it looks very bad. No matter what official excuses Moscow offers for this action, it is nothing other than criminal aggression and should be condemned as such. It goes without saying that the responsibility for the war lies squarely with the Russian government, and their entire leadership should be held accountable for what they are doing and what they are about to do.

Critics of NATO expansion have said our piece about how we think this crisis might have been avoided. I won’t dwell on that right now because there are more important things to consider, but I sincerely hope that Western policymakers and politicians may learn something from this disaster. The priority now should be to bring as much diplomatic pressure to bear at the United Nations and elsewhere as we can for a ceasefire, to provide humanitarian assistance to the injured and the displaced, and to take in as many refugees as possible.

I had hoped that there might be a way to avert this conflict, and we may still hope that it can be halted before it has caused too much devastation, but those efforts have so far been unsuccessful. I doubted that the Russian government would launch a major invasion because it seemed obvious that it was very risky and potentially costly to Russia, but I was wrong. A larger war between Russia and Ukraine is a catastrophe for both countries, and the U.S. and its allies should do what they can diplomatically to halt the fighting.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I was listening to the coverage on a Toronto radio station yesterday and they decided to take callers. The very first caller they took the guy blamed Biden and said Tucker Carlson was right(re: see video below). Luckily the host was having none of it and shut him down. People are messed up.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Biden looks absolutely feeble.

China is sitting back, watching this.

I hope this doesn't scale across Europe. This is a nightmare.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Biden looks absolutely feeble.

China is sitting back, watching this.

I hope this doesn't scale across Europe. This is a nightmare.

Any American pres would look feeble- cause this hits a country where no american pres would want to put american troops on the line. So Putin knows this - and is taking advantage.

Things would be different if America had the wherewithal to put it's bodies on the line for the Ukraine, but no US pres wants to do that, ever wanted to do that.

On the russian side, Russia holds all the power and leverage in this situation - they're willing to put up their bodies and treasure to further Putin's objectives and it's their "backyard".

Tough for American Exceptionalists to handle but from Realpolitik perspective, demonstration of Russian power in the Russian neighbourhood.