• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

World War I Graves On French Coast Defaced

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
"Unknown vandals painted several insults in red paint over a monument to Britain's dead from World War I, including the words "Dig up your garbage. It is fouling our soil" as well as insults aimed at British Prime Minister Tony Blair and US President George W. Bush."

More here....

If they ever find the bastard I hope they hang him from a fucking tree.

This story made me sick to my stomach.

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
it's unfortunate that someone has defaced the memory of those who have been dead for 85 years to get their political agenda across.

wwi is about as far from this current war as you can get, historically, politically and otherwise.

rest in peace

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
agreed Nat, i find it absolutely disgusting that they would need to deface a monument to get their point across.

it's obvious that person has no respect for what they did and sacrificed.

ugh...:(

~atp~

TRIBE Member
It's really sad...but it shows how vehemently hatred can spread, even to those who are victimized.

simple10

TRIBE Member
the worst thing about it is that they died defending the French on French soil. what a horrible thing to do.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Stupid, disrespectful and pointless. If you've got a problem with the world today there's far better things you can be doing about it.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
When someone does something so stupid, I tend to not react at all.

Reaction is what they want. Don't react, and the stupidity stops.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Disgustingly horrible.

Nearsighted activism & protest is just as wrong as nearsighted foreign policy.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
From the article ...

On one side was a swastika and the words "Death to the Yankees."

I can't even count how many things are wrong with this.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by AdRiaN
On one side was a swastika and the words "Death to the Yankees."
For some reason, that makes me wonder...

Perhaps it was purposely done by people who SUPPORT THE WAR. They figure they can get people to side with the war by making "the other side" seem nuts.