1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

World Naked Bike Ride Day - Toronto - June 12 - 1pm!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by acheron, Jun 11, 2010.

1. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

2. r6bikerchick

r6bikerchick TRIBE Member

Wow, not what I was expecting. First of all, I thought it meant naked street bikes (aka motorcycle without fairings), and second of all I thought it happened worldwide, not just Toronto (although I realize that you Torontonians sometimes think you are the center of the universe :))

3. Isosceles_CAT

Isosceles_CAT TRIBE Promoter

Looks like it does happen worldwide

4. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

the link I posted was to just the Toronto page - it is indeed a worldwide event, with rides taking place in dozens of countries around the world.

5. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

awesome. hundreds (dozens?) of people you'd rather not see naked being naked. and wet too tomorrow.

6. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

hahaha. that was too easy.

7. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

does that mean....we're meeting up at Moog audio to watch 'em ride off? lol!

8. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

yay for the lumpen proletariat!

9. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

they're not closing the DVP for this?

10. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

June 13th is the international chafing day.

11. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

betcha there will be a lot of old men at this. watching

12. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

fixed

13. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

naked bike riding? eeeeeew.

14. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

Could be worse. Naked off road biking.:O

15. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

so we're having a staff meeting out at the bar lounge of my resto, and my boss is all..

"well i've called you all out here.......*raised eyebrow while suddenly glaring out the window* actually, no i called you all out here for this."

then our attention is on the mess that is rolling past our window

*hurl*

honestly, like for a good min and a half (like what, 100+ people?!?!) bare assed ulgy fucks rolling along queen just lettin it all hang out.

for real?

gah.

16. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

I nearly ran about 30 of them over. I'm so goddamn sick of not being able to drive down my street. there's a fund raiser walk / ride / stroll / run every weekend (almost).

Anyone have a bull horn I can borrow? Imma gonn git rid a these do-gooders for once and fer all

17. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Ok, so what exactly is the point to this ride?

18. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Sommin sommin about the vulnerability of cyclists to mad drivers like LeoGirl.

19. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

hahaha
    Awesome!

20. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

hah! warning to anyone walking/running for whatever this summer: if the route goes alon queens quay make sure to keep your eye on the sky for possible projectiles thrown from balconies.

21. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

they were ALL dudes. exhibitionists. I don't care if you want to stroll about naked and let your wangs hang out and enjoy the summer sun. I'm even happy to stop and gawk. But they need to find some alternate routes for these 'fundraisers'.

For the record, I'm pretty tolerant and courteous of cyclists, which is more than I can say for the cyclists who use QQ daily and regularly run red lights and stop signs.

22. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

There was one really big guy at the end of the parade... honestly I couldn't see the bike seat...