• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

World Junior Championship

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
Canada Hasn't won the tourney in 3 years. The world competition gets better every year, as evidenced by the increasing number on players drafted to the nhl outside of North America.
It's always my fav tournament no matter what sport.

Anyone else insane like I am, getting up (and having a few beers) at 4am just to watch it live?

tobywan

TRIBE Member
On a related Junior hockey sidenote, The London Knights won their 22nd game in a row last night (tying the Barrie Colts' from 09/10).

No matter what level or league you're in, that's an amazing feat.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
On a related Junior hockey sidenote, The London Knights won their 22nd game in a row last night (tying the Barrie Colts' from 09/10).

No matter what level or league you're in, that's an amazing feat.
The Knights are a well oiled machine. They are the blueprint for any sport Hunter is a visionary ( I never thought I'd say that about him while he was playing)

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
USA tonight/day! Their program has grown by leaps and bounds over the last decade. Always a contender now.
One of their top players (Seth Jones) father used to play for the Raptors, where he was exposed to hockey! (Popeye Jones)
Sunday night looks like the best game of the tourny though, Russia!

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
Gotta say, I;ve never seen the Canaduans dominate the Russians like that at any level.
4-1 final including an empty net goal,, but the final scpre was in no way indicitive of how badly the Canadian's beat the Russians.
The Canadians were the favorite going in, largely due to the 'Lockout Line', But The Finish and Russians were suposed to be close.
For most of the last half of the game Team Canada Played a perfect tic taxk toe cycle to tire and frustrate the home towm CCCP squad which took the sell out crowd down to a level of a Brampton Battalion game.

Any thong short of a Gold is a failure!

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
russia produces great PLAYERS, but no good teams
they barely eaked out a win against the freaking swiss team and were badly outplayed and out hustled by them

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
after watching the USA team dismantle the Czechs i was worried about todays game

Canada looked horrible and the USA beat them like a red headed step child that owed rent

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
a little tough to swallow, that loss to the U.S. was, although i called Canada to not even medal on the 24th.