• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Workout Headaches

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
Hi Tribe! Need some help.

I am currently on an A & B full body workout routine for mass development: 1 day on, 1 day off, 1 day cardio, 1 day on, 1 day off, 2 days cardio. Don't worry... I am still eating enough that I have been gaining lean muscle.

Both my A and B routines consist mostly of 4 x 10s for chest, back, shoulders, abs, biceps, quads (A)/calves (B), squats (A)/deadlifts (B).

Previously I was on a 3 day per week full body program which consisted mostly of 3 x 5s. The program was more for strength but overall an easier workout.

Ever since moving to this new program, I have been experiencing headaches about 1/3 to 1/2 through the routine. I searched online for possible culprits, but couldn't manage to swim through the copious amounts of try-hard broscience dissertations.

Any thoughts? I don't think it is high blood pressure, as this does not happen when I do HIIT or long-distance cardio. Dehydration is possible as I normally drink a coffee pre-workout, but I drink a ton of water through the day.

I appreciate your insights and advice. Thanks.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I am no Dr, so I won't be able to help much, but are you getting in any food before your workout? Besides coffee :)

Jay

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
stop what you have changed and see if they go away. If that is your new workout, then go back to your old one. It's all about isolation right? If that is the only new thing; remove it.

:)

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
My pre-workout nutrition could be suspect. I do a good job of carbing up on workout days, but I do not eat much pre-workout (which is after work... around 6 or 7pm). I eat some protein and a piece of whole grain bread a couple hours before my workout, but nothing within 30-60 minutes prior.

In terms of going back to my old workout, I can't really do that. My previous regimine was for strength only and I was not lifting to hypertrophy. Now I am trying to build up some muscle mass.

However you are right... I should mess around a bit with this routine and see if some changes will lead to improvements. I may look at moving from full body to a split, and trying to cut my workouts from 60 minutes to 30-45 minutes.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

derek

TRIBE Member
hollywood, i suspect your energy levels are crashing. try eating prior to your workout to see if it help.

also, avoid the pre-workout coffee.

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
Since I'm on a 1 day on 2 days off full body routine, I cannot say for sure if there is improvement. However in my last workout I did not have a headache... ate a banana and drank a glass of milk 30 min beforehand. If that doesn't work I may stop doing supersets in my routine (even though it saves me tons of time).

Anyone try GAT Nitraflex? My brother swears by this stuff. Apparently Achilles was dosing this when he killed Hector at the gates of Troy.

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
Update: so we can cross nutrition off the list of possible culprits. I ate like a champ the last two days and I got a crazy headache. Might be lack of adequate sleep.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Nemo286

I don't even have a work out schedule. Yours looks so organized and in a scientific way, which is good. I should start one for my owns...
Anyway maybe the new program is a bit heavy for you and your body needs time to adapt, or your blood is forced to run through whole body so fast that you're experiencing headaches. Just like when the weather is too cold and we shower with too hot water.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Gezus I gained like 25 pounds over the winter.

Back to the gym, and Sauna. Back to high protein low cal diet. Hit the gym, and get back into football. (soccer)

I just bought a scale, and want to just ignore it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Everyone else here is talking about legit workout headaches. JamesM is talking about how fat he is, and futbol...in the Workout Headaches thread.
#scatterbrain

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
better get one of those fancy digital readout scales...we'd hate for you to get a headache trying to figure out the dial.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories