• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Working with a Cruiseline

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Has anyone ever done this? I am looking for legitimate info on this... I am looking for other options than 9-5 and working as a server part time - I am so sick of working - god!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I think depending on what you are doing, it can either be extremly good or extremely bad, depending on how important you are.

I had a friend who worked as a singer on a cruiseline and he got treated as a king, but I think servers/maitenance staff get some pretty shitty conditions.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Long hours, little down time, inbred social life.

And the friend who did it was sexually assaulted by other crew members.

Other than that I'm sure it's awesome!

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I took a cruise ship course and depending on what you do you'd be happy to come back to a 9-5.

Most cruiselines don't give you a day off the entire time for 6 months (you can earn days off with complements from passangers, comment cards) and you work shift work.

Example of two days work.

8am-2pm
4 hours off
6pm-12am
6 hours off
8am-10am
2 hours off
12pm-8pm
10 hours off (if you're lucky)

I'd still like to do it though for the money.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
As far as I know it is boring, low paying and mind-numbing bullshit work.
You can make 1600$US/month cash, tax free as a purser (front desk) with royal carribean.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

joey

TRIBE Member
there's no way in hell that you'd be working 9-5

basically there are no jobs what so ever in the hospitality industry that are 9-5

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
That's not that much - that's only like $30000C a year. Especially considering the fucked up hours you'd work and shit job yo'd be doing. You can make that here 9-5 no problem.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
As far as I know it is boring, low paying and mind-numbing bullshit work.
depends on what their job on the cruiseline is. I have friends who work for cruiselines 6 months a year and save LOTS of money.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i have two friends who worked on a cruiseline for like, ten years. they saw the whole world, and then some. they thought it was fabulous, but they were doing entertainment stuff. one was performing and the other was doing events coordination.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
That's not that much - that's only like $30000C a year. Especially considering the fucked up hours you'd work and shit job yo'd be doing. You can make that here 9-5 no problem.
yeah but can you save any of that $30000? that's barely enough to live on in the city.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
where cuz thats what i do and i dont make that

squirrely

TRIBE Member
yeah, but you're also paying rent in a super expensive city.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
but don't you have room and board paid? so you're making that much $$ without expenses?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I have a friend who works as Princess Jasmine on a Disney Cruise and makes good money.

But I'd imagine that you have to have a specific talent (ie singing) to get anything outside of the maintenance/customer service jobs.

Add to that the fact that junglegirl is trying to escape working. I think this is a poor fit!

KickIT

TRIBE Member
I know a girl who started working for a cruise line in November. She watches over the kids on the cruises and she seems to love it. She also seems to have ample free time as well and always ventures in to port to check out the town and beaches. The only thing that sucks is that you have to share a crappy little cabin with somebody.

*c*

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
well i guess i am trying to escape work in general but if i have to then it my aswell be where i can wake up and see an ocean -