• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Working out!!

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
So I am officially starting the workout regime tommorow - I joined a gym today and have access to full facilities. I am just wondering- I am really excited to start full throttle - Anyone have some tips for me to get started? I have never really worked out at a gym - its always been at home or outside. I would love to know exercises if anyone feels like elaborating on them :) I have a session with a personal trainer on Thursday and I am sure she will give me tips on how to get in my best shape but I know there are some Tribers that work out alot so let the advice begin - Thanks :D

p.s. I will be working out my entire body specifically focusing on ass, thighs, abs and arms

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

deep

TRIBE Member
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

this is a site a friend of mine, the information will be highly accurate and should address many of the questions you have. while it may seem like the orientation is more towards "athletic" or "elite" training applications, there are many articles on basic issues that will probably be of more interest to you. such as the stuff in the 'starting' section.

If there's one piece of advice I can give you, it's be careful about who you listen to and how much credibility you assign to them. Many trainers in gyms are just ex-jocks who couldn't really find gainful employment otherwise - some of them are worth their weight in spandex and others are not, in terms of what they know, what they tell people, how scientifically sound their ideas are.

Last edited:

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
depending on your goals I have set many of ppl up for good routines. I have been working out for 15 years pretty much steadily and even raced competitive cycling till the provincial team level.

So feel free to ask away.

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
I can work your ass out.

First things first.

You must, MUST view this as a long term endevour.

Don't burnout.

Don't get lazy. This is done by visualising your goals.

Watch what other people do. Look for mistakes and look for strenghts.

Read about exercises. Learn about your body, do your own diverse research.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
p1159196dt.jpg

gonna make you ho-nay !

Spades

TRIBE Member
Don't have a workout buddy if you be using the bowflex. Those sticks be snaping off and shit. Take some eyes out.:p

I actually started working out again 2 weeks ago. I'm totally gonna stick to it. I bought workout gloves and everything. C'mon, GLOVES, there ain't no stoping me now. Good luck!

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
yeah I am going to go 4-5 times a week - the gym is right across the street from my house so it is SO convienent. I am excited to get buff but I want to do it properly. Any ideas on what to eat before a work out? I will mostly be going after work - so from 6:30pm and on - Should I eat a dinner afterwards or not? these are the things I get confused about. Also I get kinda shy lifting weights - I dunno why I just do. I am scared that I am doing it wrong -even though I start to see results - I dunno sometimes working out can be intimidating...and thats what I really want to change.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
So I am officially starting the workout regime tommorow - I joined a gym today and have access to full facilities. I am just wondering- I am really excited to start full throttle - Anyone have some tips for me to get started? I have never really worked out at a gym - its always been at home or outside. I would love to know exercises if anyone feels like elaborating on them :) I have a session with a personal trainer on Thursday and I am sure she will give me tips on how to get in my best shape but I know there are some Tribers that work out alot so let the advice begin - Thanks :D

p.s. I will be working out my entire body specifically focusing on ass, thighs, abs and arms

main thing that newbies ALWAYS never cease to remember is that this working out thing is a fairly long process.

You will see immediate results within the first month but that's from most people's lazy-ass bodies finally reacting to stimuli.

The said results will not be as apparent the following couple of months. Most people (depending on body type, metabolism, etc) do not start make any REAL gains until the 3rd month. The first few months is to get your muscles ready and prepped for some real exercise.

in short: get in the mentality that no matter what you see in the first few months, it doesn't mean shit. You can lose all that progress if you take a week off. You can only expect to make gains with dedication so no slacking.

enjoy.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
yeah I am going to go 4-5 times a week - the gym is right across the street from my house so it is SO convienent. I am excited to get buff but I want to do it properly. Any ideas on what to eat before a work out? I will mostly be going after work - so from 6:30pm and on - Should I eat a dinner afterwards or not? these are the things I get confused about. Also I get kinda shy lifting weights - I dunno why I just do. I am scared that I am doing it wrong -even though I start to see results - I dunno sometimes working out can be intimidating...and thats what I really want to change.

honestly, PM ChrisD.

dude's a helluva nice guy and is more than willing to give some awesome advice on this shit.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member

Most important thing of working out is the training yourself to actually go. The routine is most important and often taken as the least important. That being said its better to do light weights, especially at first and concentrate on your form. If you follow that technique you will have larger gains and less chance of injury than the fools who try and look all tuff lifting weights they can not control. As for food I recomend a bit of carbs before the weights at about an hour to 45 mins before. After your workout there is also a 45 min window that can be utilised to get the most out of protien absorbtion. Basically I am saying you do not want to starve your muscles before the workout so you will have proper energy to do the exercises, and after you want the protien back in your system so your body does not break down protiens from other muscles to feed your body the carbs you depleted. Usually a good after meal combines a bit of both.

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
don't go overboard in the beginning. you don't wanna discourage yourself with the soreness/exhaustion. plus, its easy to get hurt.

concentrate on form and breathing. slow and steady wins the race.

generally, its more efficient to do weights THEN cardio, but you should do some cardio (5 minutes) before to warm up your body.

you should think about adding overall muscle intstead of targetting certain areas. its sounds like you want to "tone" your ass, thighs, abs and arms, but its important to note that toning is really just reducing fat - which you can't target reduce. adding muscle = burning more calories = eventually getting that toned look.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by the_fornicator
honestly, PM ChrisD.

dude's a helluva nice guy and is more than willing to give some awesome advice on this shit.

Yep, ChrisD is like the resident workout-a-holic...

I suggest meeting with a trainer at your gym that you feel is qualified (bigger arms does not mean more qualified) and that you feel comfortable sharing your goals with, and have them design a program for you.

This will probably cost you about 3 hrs of personal training (for them to take you through it, and also do a fitness assessment) but every 8 weeks it is SO worth it. I can never stick to my self designed regimes, so I joined a gym where that service is included in the membership fee.

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
this should get u started

working out = great sex

its simple..........the more involved you are with being phisically fit...............the better your sex life

if there are any skeptical females out there who beg to differ.......please let me demonstate.:p

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Personally i find i need to keep a lot of variety in my workout too keep me interested :) I do weights, rock climbing (twice a week), yoga or taichi (alternate different weeks), elliptical machine, running outdoors, ab classes whateva.

If i'm doing the same thing all the time I'll get bored and quit. This time round (well, the last three months) I'm really into it, and enjoying it a lot. I crave the gym or exercise if i don't get it!

I also have cut down on my smoking a lot, am eating better, sleeping better, and have overall much higher energy levels and better moods.

I think the most important thing is just to really enjoy what you do and have fun.

Congrats and enjoy! :)

~allie~

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djdeposit
this should get u started

working out = great sex

its simple..........the more involved you are with being phisically fit...............the better your sex life

if there are any skeptical females out there who beg to differ.......please let me demonstate.:p

my grandma objects.

show her good.

:D

Jennika

TRIBE Member
I got back into working out recently as well. I'm fairly slim to begin with but I'm getting some chub that I'd like to get under control. I totally respect that you need time and commitment to staying in shape. But I have a quick question:

I really got back into my work out routine this february... in fact in the 29 days I worked out 12 times and did yoga three times (gotta up the yoga)

So I'm working out ~three days a week.... 10 minute warm-up on the step machine, 20 minutes weights (mostly arms and back) at a burn but not omfg it hurts level, then 30 minutes eliptical or running at a good pace.

but I haven't lost a single pound! I know that muscle weighs more than fat but I always though that you lose at first when you start working out again and then you plateau. My diet is decent. Is this normal?

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Measure based on inches not on weight!

And you have to give your body some time to adjust to the good things you're doing to it. Once you get up to a good level of activity on a regular basis, youbegin burning fat even when you rest. It takes a bit of time to work up to this point.

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by the_fornicator
my grandma objects.

show her good.

haha...............i thought the first reply to that was going to be

any sex = great sex

which is an overstatement

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
I'm back at it again too, but seriously this time. I've been 6 times this week. I cranked out 8.5 miles on the eliptical yesterday and 4 miles today.
I'm also trying Ephedrine. Sweet jesus, it's like fucking rocket fuel.
I'm working mostly for tone, but I'd like to add some muscle to my arms and chest too.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr. Grinch
I'm back at it again too, but seriously this time. I've been 6 times this week. I cranked out 8.5 miles on the eliptical yesterday and 4 miles today.
I'm also trying Ephedrine. Sweet jesus, it's like fucking rocket fuel.
I'm working mostly for tone, but I'd like to add some muscle to my arms and chest too.

You will love that stuff when you get heart problems later in life.

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
You will love that stuff when you get heart problems later in life.

I'm not obese, nor do I have heart problems, nor do I have prostate or urinary problems.

But thanks for coming out.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr. Grinch
I'm not obese, nor do I have heart problems, nor do I have prostate or urinary problems.

But thanks for coming out.

it's great stuff BUT, remember to cycle on&&off the stuff. your kidneys will thank you.

also, prepare yourself for when you are on your off cycle. Nothing will be as intense or efficient when you're used to it.

I'm still looking for the fucking 25mg pills. All they have these days are 8mg ones.