• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Work-hating bureaucrat will quit for $1 million

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Work-hating bureaucrat will quit for $1 million

Chris Lackner, CanWest News Service; Ottawa Citizen
Published: Wednesday, March 22, 2006

OTTAWA -- Desperate to escape his "unfulfilling" office job, a man claiming to be an Ottawa bureaucrat has launched a website hoping to raise $1 million to finance his early retirement.

The "Save a Bureaucrat" campaign was launched Tuesday by an anonymous man. The site (saveabureaucrat.com) asks frustrated office workers to donate money and "live vicariously" through the bureaucrat's dreams of freedom. If he raises the full amount, he promises to reveal his identity.

"I'm doing this to rid myself of the burden of being trapped (in the office)," the bureaucrat told the Ottawa Citizen Tuesday, his voice modified through a karaoke machine to avoid identification. "It saps all our energy and keeps us from doing things that are more rewarding and enjoyable. Working takes so many hours out of your week and leaves you exhausted."

While the campaign uses the term bureaucrat, the man won't confirm his status as a government employee only saying he's worked for a "large organization" for 10 years.

"The word bureaucrat is associated with the government, so that's what people are going to think," he said. "I'm not discouraging that."

Once the site raises $10,000, the man promises to begin revealing clues about his identity, such as details about his hobbies and family life.

The "bureaucrat" said he has four major beefs with office life: the lack of advancement, condescending co-workers, disorganization and the fact that "underlings" aren't appreciated.

"People are always changing their minds on major issues," he said. "They never give you enough time to implement changes or reverse directions. It doesn't matter how it affects your morale or if you have to work overtime."

The site promises to treat every donation with respect. "If I do happen to receive a lot of money from kind visitors, I will not waste it on lavish purchases such as Rolls-Royce cars, 10-bedroom houses (and) airplanes," the man writes.

The "bureaucrat" said his campaign was inspired by milliondollarhomepage.com a website created by a British man that sold one million pixels to advertisers for $1 each.

The bureaucrat's site has raised $59.26 so far donations made by friends and family aware of the man's plan. Fake names are next to their contributions to protect the man's identity.

© CanWest News Service 2006

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/p...=62fcca4b-4cd2-4d85-863a-2ce54d362737&k=53134

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Dialog

TRIBE Member
Wouldn't it be great if we all knew who he was so we could all line up in an organized, beuraucratic mannor to administer the requisite cock-punchings? One per person, all paperwork filled out...

dig this

TRIBE Member
$59.26 from friends & family... lol... I'm sure he would of raised more if he just asked for it rather than telling them why he needs it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
ev said:
i like how you people are angry about a stupid website.
no.

irked that this fuck thinks that people should pay him money so that he can avoid working while the rest of us keep.on.working.

it's the principle. not the website.

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Dialog said:
Wouldn't it be great if we all knew who he was so we could all line up in an organized, beuraucratic mannor to administer the requisite cock-punchings? One per person, all paperwork filled out...
In triplicate:

White copy: Customer
Canary: Accounting
Pink: File