• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Work events involving Alcohol

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Our section has fared particularly well the last couple quarters. As such an event is being thrown to celebrate.

No while in Japan, this is normal, whether business is good or not, and always involves booze, and one is praised for how sauced up they can get, -- mmm not so much in corporate Canada what with nanny state litigations and HR and, well, kitchener cops. We all hate kitchener cops. Especially during Oktoberfest. Nonetheless,

At the announcement I figured this would be just another work dinner at some restaurant where the married people reluctantly show up and the heavy homosexual boozers like me try to keep the cocaine in the washroom before saying "the real deal".

But then, the discussions started wading into strange territory where, unless I'm wrong, and I'm never wrong, it sounded like "all the booze is free".

So after that presentation, I asked a colleague:

me> "I got the impression that this is supposed to be a Japanese full on affair?"
coworker1> "Yeah me too."
coworker2> "Yeah I think I'll email (boss) and tell him it's a bad idea."
me> "Fuck? Bite your tongue woman, this is the greatest place ever to get trashed!"
coworker1> "Oh....." cut off
coworker2> "Maybe it's the mother instinct in me. I think we should have tickets."
me> "Love, he said they're paying for cabs, that means all in minge!"

Bahhhhh, this links into the "where are the young tribers" thread in the sense that WHAT THE FUCK, are we stuck in a world where a night of awesome food and high end free booze is met with "Gee I'm not sure maybe we should have tickets?"

Well you all can have your children and your early nights, maybe even your crochet and those coffee machines that need a barcode. Oi, I'm getting fucked up and gonna say inappropriate things to a bunch of tards who deserve it.

Right after the Kifto and pepper. Yeah bitches, RAW.

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
waiwaiwaiwait wait waiiiit. wait. you have a job?
I have a large collection of ties.

The evenings are usually a late affair for me. Frankly, it's been some time since I've been in bed before midnight. By "some time" I think I mean at least three years, and if it's less than that I don't remember.

But if it's a weekday, I have a particular ritual. Assuming no one else is in my bed, I pull a shirt, a tie, one of several jackets that all look the same, and dress pants, again, all look the same but I know which ones are clean of vomit, sputum, and semen, and set those aside. Unless I do that, I cannot sleep properly.

And therein is the reason for the clonazepam and olanzepine. Again, only if the bed is reserved for me only.

I have my perfume imported from Japan. There are a couple reasons for this. Firstly because the Japanese seem to frown heavily on fragrances, for whatever reason, I'm no longer interested in discovering; and so a fragrance that is gentile on the Japs' nose works in my interest. I believe the current one is green tea, which to me, smells like nearly nothing, but to the lovely Chuzaiin who pay my cheque, means the world. I literally mean, the world.

This does nothing to mask the stench of stale booze from my white counterparts. But I don't care about them, they are disposable in this industry. Most of them couldn't differentiate a kanji from a katakana.

And as someone curiously denied, yes, I do wear a proper suit with the oddest safety boots, (green label), you can buy.

-jM
A&D
and PS:
Of course I have a job, how else do you think I could afford all this bullshit? It doesn't just happen for free! It's mighty expensive!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
of what?

seems booze, coke and young boy ass
~67% of those are not international.

If you happen to need certain percentages of halogenated cyanides, or high test peroxides, or perhaps yellowcake and other uranium ores, or particular metals like all of those that make car bodies (well except Chrysler, they're cheap)..

The ore we mine in Northern Quebec, ship down the St. Lawrence to Hamilton, where it's stockpiled until the river freezes over. Then it's alloyed, which we own and press and blend with an oil, cedar draw, to make parts in presses, which I also manage. We're talking very large presses, do not put your hand in there.

The robots do that. I also sell the robots. They have suction cups, which I sell, which are made of PTFE, which I also sell. It's like a never ending stack of things that I sell. Which is why I'm depressed and wealthy at the same time. Turtles, bitch, turltes.

Well and of course not to mention fully finished vehicles, gas power plants, certainly all of the orange drinks that any healthy Canadian has ever purchased... yes that's me. Behind the scenes.

-jM
A&D

Last edited:

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
~67% of those are not international.

If you happen to need certain percentages of halogenated cyanides, or high test peroxides, or perhaps yellowcake and other uranium ores, or particular metals like all of those that make car bodies (well except Chrysler, they're cheap)..

The ore we mine in Northern Quebec, ship down the St. Lawrence to Hamilton, where it's stockpiled until the river freezes over. Then it's alloyed, which we own and press and blend with an oil, cedar draw, to make parts in presses, which I also manage. We're talking very large presses, do not put your hand in their.

The robots do that. I also sell the robots. They have suction cups, which I sell, which are made of PTFE, which I also sell. It's like a never ending stack of things that I sell. Which is why I'm depressed and wealthy at the same time. Turtles, bitch, turltes.

Well and of course not to mention fully finished vehicles, gas power plants, certainly all of the orange drinks that any healthy Canadian has ever purchased... yes that's me. Behind the scenes.

-jM
A&D
I will take a couple robots. And put down for at least a dozen of those suction cups too. One can never have too many suction cups.

Also is it possible to get some of that ore? Just raw. I like to mill it myself...

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I will take a couple robots. And put down for at least a dozen of those suction cups too. One can never have too many suction cups.

Also is it possible to get some of that ore? Just raw. I like to mill it myself...
regarding the robots:
I am going on a salvage mission (aka business trip) to what I will call "the robot graveyard". It kind of reminds me of the movie "AI", with beautiful Jude Law.

There are $2MUSD of wasted inventory sucking up space. Ah, a "make-it-space" here for the making.

As for the ore, it's more valuable once made into robot pieces. Harmonic drives. Let's just take them and install it into a serious party at my house, program it to mix gin and tonic.

-jM
A&D

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Kitchener's Oktoberfest is the 2nd largest in the world, srsly?!
I'd call bullshit on that too but i just googled it
K-Dubs Oktoberfest is the best party going. Only thing bigger that the jugs of beer, are the jugs on the server. I love the silly hats and accordion music.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

octo

TRIBE Member
this thread reminded me of the good times i've had at oktoberfest.

a buddy of mine went to UW and ever since first year we celebrated his bday at oktober fest. that went on for over 10 years. we'd mission it to kw for a weekend to get our polka on. then he had a kid. missed a year. then he decided to try celebrate at niagara. that wasn't nearly as debaucherous. went back for a couple of years. and now it's been i dunno... feels like ages. he had another kid last year.

not a peep about it this year. everyone's all grown up. :(

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
I have a large collection of ties.

The evenings are usually a late affair for me. Frankly, it's been some time since I've been in bed before midnight. By "some time" I think I mean at least three years, and if it's less than that I don't remember.

But if it's a weekday, I have a particular ritual. Assuming no one else is in my bed, I pull a shirt, a tie, one of several jackets that all look the same, and dress pants, again, all look the same but I know which ones are clean of vomit, sputum, and semen, and set those aside. Unless I do that, I cannot sleep properly.

And therein is the reason for the clonazepam and olanzepine. Again, only if the bed is reserved for me only.

I have my perfume imported from Japan. There are a couple reasons for this. Firstly because the Japanese seem to frown heavily on fragrances, for whatever reason, I'm no longer interested in discovering; and so a fragrance that is gentile on the Japs' nose works in my interest. I believe the current one is green tea, which to me, smells like nearly nothing, but to the lovely Chuzaiin who pay my cheque, means the world. I literally mean, the world.

This does nothing to mask the stench of stale booze from my white counterparts. But I don't care about them, they are disposable in this industry. Most of them couldn't differentiate a kanji from a katakana.

And as someone curiously denied, yes, I do wear a proper suit with the oddest safety boots, (green label), you can buy.

-jM
A&D
and PS:
Of course I have a job, how else do you think I could afford all this bullshit? It doesn't just happen for free! It's mighty expensive!
good answer! :p

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
omg I also sell robots! Let's get together and discuss axis speed and ties.
Well sir, it's really all about the axis torque.

What it's really more about is how pretty the Japanese are. Boys or girls.

Aha, yesterday

The boy with the face.

-Jeff

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Oi, I'm getting fucked up and gonna say inappropriate things to a bunch of tards who deserve it.

Right after the Kifto and pepper. Yeah bitches, RAW.

-jM
A&D
hah

They always throw this shit on a thursday, and expect us all to be at work at 9am. Getting to bed at 6! Well fuck that shit, have a nice long weekend.

Wha happened? I told em all.

defazman

TRIBE Member
Hey, if your job gives you the chance to have a Japanese boy or girl torque your axis, then you've got a better job than I.

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Yep...this bullshit about throwing work parties on a Thursday needs to stop.

As I age, it makes less and less sense. I don't party nor drink less (especially out here where it's not even slightly frowned upon), I'm just less and less productive the next day.

So you want to force me to have a day where I'm at 80% or less on purpose??

Like...WTF.

And I don't mind paying, though I do wish the selection of beer was at least palatable, and the bartending...so pouring out 30 shots into plastic cups and laying them out on the counter to sit there until someone takes one and then just refilling the next plastic cup and leaving it out tooo...WTF

There's just something so classless about it. It's common place out here in the rural parts. If/when I get hitched...there will be an actual bartender or two. And actual beers. Not budget stuff. It's painful...both the night consumed, and the day after. More so than even just the overconsumption on its own.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
So you want to force me to have a day where I'm at 80% or less on purpose??

Like...WTF.
more like 5% and mentally retarded.

Umm, just try to be normal going to work the next day after 1 hour of sleep. People why make these social bullshit events in the first place. It's like a high school dance. All sorts of people hitting on co workers, and puking and shit, and getting kicked out of cabs.

Makes for good water cooler stories.