• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Words you Type Incorrcetly

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Since we no longer write things down and rely heavily on computers to communicate, there are typing mistakes that occur almost daily.
The most common for me is From, which I type almost every time as Form, sadly spell check never catches it so I have to manually review.

I don't need to look at the keys and can do a decent WPM count, I tend to chalk it up for to error frequency and that it has become routine since I type pretty quickly.

Are there any words that you tend to type incorrectly every time you type them?

From - Form... FML

erika

TRIBE Member
it's because many of us have what I call typing dyslexia: one hand is stronger than the other, so the letters typed with that hand come out faster.

it's another reason why you should always read out loud what you're about to publish, because even skimming with your eyes won't pick it all up.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
it's another reason why you should always read out loud what you're about to publish, because even skimming with your eyes won't pick it all up.
incorrect.
my eyes usually always see my errors the moment they're typed.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
I was always poor at typing was a one finger guy till I slowly added almost all the others and I find I usually type things out so rushed and miss pluralizing words like adding the S or ED at the end, that's my biggest one but I chalked it down to rushing and laziness.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stryker

TRIBE Member
jsut

it drives me nuts. I have totally rewired my brain to automatically type is this way instead of "just".

kyfe

TRIBE Member
it's because many of us have what I call typing dyslexia: one hand is stronger than the other, so the letters typed with that hand come out faster.

What you're saying makes total sense, but I'm a lefty and thus I am Left hand dominant. F and R are both on the left side so if I go with this rationale I should never make this mistake.

However you may be on to something

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Often, I don't make a typo but spell out an entirely different word. It makes me think my brain is fucked. Which it probably is.

A real annoyance of mine is there/their/they're. I know exactly how each one is supposed to be used, but when I type, it's like my brain always just wants to type "there". But when I read what I type, the error is glaring. So there must be a different part for "outputting" language as there is for "inputting" language. I assume my inputter is a bit more developed.

-jM
A&D

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member

Are you basing this on those who learnt typing or learned to type bia interwebz...

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
sez-sex in employment context

remeber... I always forget the m... I think why is that already recognize the word like predictive typing...

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
What I find annoying is the proximity of "I" and "u" on the keyboard when typing on phone or tablet. My fat finger always hits the wrong one and it sure makes a helluva difference in correspondence

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
uhh.. lettsee...

ostentacious. belligerent, epicurean. versimilitude. facecious. specious. longitudinal. Superfluous. Curcumference. Ambidextrous. Corrugated...

these are just a few of the words I always get wrong :(

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories