1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

wordpress for SEO

Discussion in 'Technology' started by djlayz, Mar 16, 2010.

1. djlayz

djlayz TRIBE Promoter

Hello,

Anyone know if there are any courses or experts that will provide training to learn the ins and outs of Wordpress.

I want to develop some microsites for potential clients and have a good understanding of SEO.

email

ryant@strathcom.com

2. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

There are a ton of blogs on the subject. Google them. If their advice is any good you'll be able to find them easily :D

I remember finding some good tips here but it's a bit exhaustive:
    SEO Blog | SEOmoz Blog Featuring Search Engine Marketing News & Tips

In my experience a small investment of effort will lead to huge results when tweaking a default install. Most of the rest is just posting valuable content. But hey, I'm no expert.

3. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

Agreed, SEOmoz is great and I hear good things about SearchEngineLand too...

You can get 80 to 90 percent of the way in SEO just by doing some fairly simple things.

I listen to a good podcast called Marketing Over Coffee that talks about all kinds of marketing but lots of SEO stuff. Look it up and see the show notes for what they have spoken about in reference to SEO.

4. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member