• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Woodworking & Carpentry courses in Toronto

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Just wondering if someone has a recommendation for a course in Toronto? I've been looking for a custom rocking chair for my growing family and can't help but think "why the eff would I pay upwards of $1000 for a chair I could build myself?!"

My dad does a lot of carpentry, but I won't always be able to depend on him to build me whatever I need - and honestly, I've always enjoyed woodworking.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Why would you pay $1000 for a rocking chair?

Sign up for guff's updates and you'll find a nice vintage one there for 1/4 the price.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kuba

TRIBE Member
I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I encourage you to of course learn new skills but I do find guff useful for cheap furniture AND you can also take classes..

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the suggestions y'all!

kuba: i'm looking for a double-seater rocking chair - they seem to be very rare, and expensive since I've only found them when I google for "custom" chairs.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
I'm also very particular and hate settling for something that I feel I need to improve. Especially when someone is expecting me to pay a crap-load of money for it.

It's one thing to design a piece, it's another to actually build one... to physically build things would allow me to make them to my specs. :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders