1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Won't someone PLEASE think of the animals????

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by silver1, Apr 22, 2005.

1. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

"Those reindeer love that damn pipe. It's the only source of heat in the winter and the only source of shade in the summer. It's the only place to scratch their backs."

- Sen. Ben Nighthorse Campbell (R - Colorado) on the need for expanded oil production in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, which is a summer calving area for caribou

2. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

haha yep.

Comment by Leopold on Africa in 1898: "Well, them darkies sure do love Jeezus. It's their only salvation!"

3. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

I'm all for ANWAR drilling if we provide the reindeer with umbrellas and backscratchers.

4. zee

zee TRIBE Member

heatpacks and caribou-size snowpants would be nice too

5. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

It's Earth Day today.

6. derek

derek TRIBE Member

what does it do on other days? :D

7. smile

smile TRIBE Member

lol yeah because for thousands of years they've been dying out until the good ol US of A built their cylindrical salvation. :rolleyes:

is it just me, or do the americans see themselves as the salvation of the entire world?

"if there was 5 McDonald's on this block, i think these people would be happier."
    -some US military grunt in iraq, from a langen documentary piece.

8. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

i'm pretty sure it was intended as a joke dude.