• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

WMC Tracks

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
So I haven't heard ANYTHING about any monster tunes from the WMC, what gives? Any big tracks this year?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

coleridge

TRIBE Member
They were probably all leaked to the internet sometime around Chirstmas.

Instead of record labels profiling new tracks for the coming year, the conference is probably now about labels having the oppertunity to point out all the tracks that were on their labels this past year.

stanimal

TRIBE Member
Yeah, that's what it seems like. All the "big" tracks seem to be ones that have been played out/released for awhile now.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
i didnt hear anything brand new that blew me away

all the best stuff i heard was at small parties and it was all stuff that was like 6 months old that i just missed..

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
some are a bit older but they all blew up in Miami...the best being the laidback luke track...WOW

cedric gervais vs second sun "another one bites the dust"
cedric gervais "spirit in my life"
sander klienenberg "this is: miami"
outwork feat mr gee "electro"
Angello & Laidback Luke - Otherwize Then
deep dish vs stevie nicks - dreams

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
coleridge said:
This is the last record I ever played at the old Boa.

It also cleared the dancefloor that night. :)
there is a pumped up club version that is out now that is MUCH heavier, did you play the original off of George?

coleridge

TRIBE Member
bombthreat23 said:
there is a pumped up club version that is out now that is MUCH heavier, did you play the original off of George?

Yeah I played the version off of George. Cleared two dancefloors for me that weekend. :)

I'm liking the heavier versions that are out now except that I hear them on Z103.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
ugh...stupid z103 ruining everything... well wait until you hear this laidback luke song, was the track of the wmc this year...
g.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
bombthreat23 said:
some are a bit older but they all blew up in Miami...the best being the laidback luke track...WOW

sander klienenberg "this is: miami"

Apparently Sander did that version JUST for miami. There is another version that is "this is NOT Miami"

you forgot to mention Sharam's remix of "party all the time"
good for a laugh apparently but not much shelf life (a la P.Diddy's Let's get Ill from 2003)

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Metal Morphosis said:
good for a laugh apparently but not much shelf life (a la P.Diddy's Let's get Ill from 2003)
Like the Eddie Murphy "Party All The Time"?!

Cuz if it is, that's fucking brilliant.

solgrabber

TRIBE Member

yep that's the one, listen to the terrace sets from WMC this year featuring sharam and fanciulii and a few other dj's. there are 6 parts i think and the song was played a few times. crowd went off like a muthafuker each time might i add, lol.

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Metal Morphosis said:
Apparently Sander did that version JUST for miami. There is another version that is "this is NOT Miami"

yeah there is another version,older... same voice etc...

coleridge

TRIBE Member
videotronic said:
hahaha..people i...uhhh...people "we" know were playing that record MONTHS after miami..haha

There's a Deep Dish Dub that never saw the light of day. It was awesome. Like super happy fun awesome.

Aleks

TRIBE Member
Dr Funk MD said:

sounds hillarious too me. thats proof that prog. isn't allways serious/deep music... :D

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
the only track that sticks out in my mind from the entire week.. was a techy depeche mode remix.. with the vocals from la la land all slowed down and chopped up. it was dope.

sharam jey played it at like 9am monday morning at the marlin.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
ya it was sick... i was chatting with him for a while and he told me what that track was called and who made it.. then i asked if it was soemthing that would be sold anywhere.. he said probably not :p

I've sine forgotten who made it :p

videotronic

TRIBE Member
i met sharam jey on the friday night...i was like..starstruck

"dude...you made cafe del mar!!!"

i didnt say that, but i wanted to

oh and crawford i wasnt talking about coleridge, but good for you matthew..ahaha