• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Wmc 2006

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
F.Aquino said:
Hey Everyone,

I'm proud to announce that all details have been confirmed for this years South Beach bash!! technics1200

We had such a diverse line up last year from all over the globe and are very interested in getting more canadian content on the bill this year.

If your gonna be in South Beach on the 25th of March and wanna grab an hour behind the decks hit us up with a mix...

House and deep house is what we're looking for....

Cheers,

bbqmusic
Were you involved with the get T.O.gether last year? With Phil Weeks?

poker face

TRIBE Member
Greg Gow is playing with some serious talent at space this year.

I wish I could be there.

Adam Beyer is the shit right now.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
my '06 wmc deep picks for now (with personal faves i would defnitely check out in bold... the others are just as great but the bolded ones just stand out more for me in terms of their programming, consistency and skill on the decks from personal experience. the jams listed below are solid overall [an understatement considering the full lineups! damn.]... just my personal opinion so take it for what it's worth. just thought i'd share some wmc event info with y'all ;) )... i'll post more when i find them...

~ d

Wednesday March 22nd

"Magis Sessions 16th Anniversary"

presented by: Leslie Doyle

DJs/Performers: "Little Louie" Vega, Tony Humphries, Jazzanova.

longest running jam at the wmc... 16yrs running!! legends Louie Vega and Tony Humphries rock the main floor while Jazzanova grace the upstairs. sweet.

Crobar, 1445 Washington Ave.
10pm - 5am
Door: $20 reduced avail.
links: www.mawrecords.com www.sonarkollektiv.com www.tonyrecords.com

Wednesday March 22nd

"Get Large"

flyer: http://www.largemusic.com/images/Large_M3ad.JPG

presented by: Large Music, Aquabooty, Fresco Gear & Traxsource.com

DJs/Performers: Halo, Chuck Love, Mr. V, Jask, Mark Grant, Roy Davis Jr. & special guests.

Jump off of the plane, check into your hotel, and shake that ass down to SoBe Live for the Get Large Miami party on opening nite of M3! The line-up is stellar, featuring Mark Grant, Roy Davis, Jask, Halo, and newcomers Mr. V and Chuck Love. Not to be missed!

Sobe Live, 1203 Washington Ave. Miami Beach
10pm - 5am
miami2006@largemusic.com
Door: $20 reduced avail.

Friday March 23rd

"Salted Gets Deep!"

presented by: Salted Music, Deep LA, Neo Disco, Transport & Aquabooty

DJs/Performers: Miguel Migs, Marques Wyatt, Julius Papp, and DJ MFR. Live Vocal performances by Lisa Shaw and Aya! Plus very special guest Frankie Feliciano (NYC, Ricanstruction)

Salted Music & Deep LA - with a little help from their friends.. join forces for a night of deep bumpin' sexy, soulful house. The masters of sun-drenched West Coast house create the perfect soundtrack for Miami.

The Fifth, 1045 5th St. Miami Beach
10pm - 5am
Door Price: $20

Sunday March 26th (afternoon)

"DEEP Gets SALTED"

presented by: DEEP, SALTED, CHEZ & Aquabooty

Join DEEP as we get SALTED w/ DJs: Marques Wyatt, Miguel Migs, Danny Krivit, Neil Aline, Mr V., Alix Alvarez, Matthias Heilbronn, and special guest TBA!

Opium Garden, 136 Collins Ave.
3pm-10pm

Door Price: $20
M3 Discount: $10 with M3 passport

Join DEEP In Miami for a very special daytime event as DEEP gets SALTED @ the lush Opium Garden.

Sunday March 26th

"BUZZIN' FLY MIAMI 2006"

presented by: Buzzin' Fly & Aquabooty

DJs: Ben Watt, Âme (Sonar Kollektiv, Berlin), Charles Webster (Miso), Justin Martin, Claude VonStroke (Dirty Bird)

Prive - 136 Collins Avenue.
11pm - 5am
Door: $25

After two compelling and euphoric sunset parties in 2004 and 2005, Ben Watt's acclaimed label, Buzzin' Fly, returns to South Beach this time for a nocturnal event at Prive as part of the Miami Winter Music Conference 2006 celebrations.

Ben Watt and San Fran wonderkid Justin Martin, fly the Fly flag and welcome special guests, the red hot Âme from Berlin's Sonar Kollektiv label, long-time soul-mate and deep house legend Charles Webster. Two seprate rooms.

Venue capacity 700
Limited 200 presale tix aval. presale: $20 www.wanttikets.com
Door: $25.
links: www.buzzinfly.com contact: info@buzzinfly.com

Sunday March 26

Mr. A.L.I. and Peven Everrett performing live!!

Dj sets TBA

@ Harrisons (411 Washington)
$20 in advance. $30 dollars at the door.
doors open 4pm to 5am
info: http://www.unifiedrecs.com/partys.html

i'll post more shortly...

Last edited:

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
and more....

Thursday March 23rd

"Defected in the House"

(ok this event isn't necessarily a 'deep house' event per se but the lineup is just nuts for house lovers in general and features deep-jackin-west coast-east coast-balearic-french disco... you name it. if you like house (regardless of sub-genre) you'll find your sound somewhere here.

presented by: Defected, Pioneer, IDJ & M3

DJs/Performers: Bob Sinclair, Sandy Rivera (Kings of Tomorrow), Junior Jack & Kid Creme, Martin Solveig, Danny Krivit, Dimitry from Paris, Joey Negro, DJ Chus, Simon Dunmore, Jamie Lewis, Copyright, Dixon (Innervisions/Wahoo), and Andy Daniell.

Performances by: Barbara Tucker (host/live pa), Jay-J & Latrice (live pa), Blaze (live & dj set!), DJ Spen, Dennis Ferrer, Mr. V & Alix Alvarez, Aaron Ross, Andy Ward, Dj Rupert, Marc Evans (live pa), Monique Bingham (live pa) and Shovell on percussion.

Nikki Beach CLub, 1 Ocean Dr.
4pm - 5am
miami2006@largemusic.com
$20 advanced. www.ticketweb.com
$30 @ door.

Thursday March 23rd

"Giant Step presents M3's opening night celebration..."

presented by: Giant Step in conjunction with XLR8R

DJs/Performers: hosted by Gilles Peterson. feat. Sa-Ra (live), Alice Smith (live), Nickodemus (exclusive Miami appearnce) and other live acts, dj's & special guests TBA.

(expect alot of deep/jazzy perfomances and cuts at this one!)

The Surfcomber, 1717 Collins Ave.
5pm-11pm
tix: www.m3summit.com
links: www.gianstep.net www.xlr8r.com

Thursday March 23rd

"Om Records BBQ"

flyer: http://www.largemusic.com/images/Large_M3ad.JPG

presented by: OM Records, NextAid, & M3

DJs/Performers: Mark Farina (Mushroom Jazz Set), Colossus (live- exclusive miami appearance), Strange Fruit, Project (live) and J Boogie.

Surfcomber - 1717 Collins Ave.
noon-5pm
tix: www.m3summit.com

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Thanks for posting those Dany, and knowing that Blaze will be performing/dj'ing at the Defected party makes it that much more better...

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
tobywan said:
Thanks for posting those Dany, and knowing that Blaze will be performing/dj'ing at the Defected party makes it that much more better...
anytime. ;)

caught Blaze spin (kevin hedge alone actually) along with dj spinna and a slew of other deep cats and live performers a few years ago for a King St./Nitegrooves label event at a mid-sized event (on the 'smallish' scale actually and i have to tell you it was one of the most amazing musical experiences i've ever encountered)... fuck me he's so good in a proper environment. DEEP.

so many ridiculously good jams to choose from...

d

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
and more.... :0

Thursday March 23rd

"Jazzanova vs. Bugz in the Attic"

presented by: On Pointe & Aquabooty.

DJs/Performers: west-london massive Bugz In The Attic go head to head with Jazzanova, berlin-based dj/production crew + guests and live performances TBA.

(expect SERIOUS soul/funk/rare-groove/deep house/broken beat at this one.)

Sobe Live - 1203 Washington
11pm-5am
$20/$15 b4 midnight.
links: www.bugzintheattic.net www.jazzanova.de www.compost-records.com

Thursday March 23rd

"Re-Union 5"

presented by: Power of Love Productions

DJs/Performers: Frederic Messent (France), Marlon D. (Jellybean, NYC), DJ Romain (NYC), Mike "Agent X' Clark (Detroit), 'DR. Love' aka Richard Vasquez, Cory Soulfusion, and Ron D. *8* Lim.

serious soulful music...

A-Bar - 235 Washington Ave.
9pm-5am
$10/ $8 w. flyer/ $5 reduced
links: www.myspace.com/powerofloveproductions

Thursday March 23rd

"Soulfuric presents Friends of Ours 2006"

presented by: Soulfuric Records and Traxsource.com

DJs/Performers:

downstairs: Brian Tappert, John Julius Knight, Jask, Ron Carroll, Grant Nelson and Jamie Lewis. special guest PA's: Kenny Bobien & Ron Carroll.

upstairs: Jon Cutler, Bobby DAmbrosio , DJ Fudge, Sheldon Prince.

Amika - 1532 Washington Ave.
10pm-5am
door: tba
links: www.soulfuric.com www.traxsource.com

Friday March 24th

Bobby & Steve pres. 'Soul on The Beach 2006' - 12th year running!

(this jam is always packed and always alot of fun. all about the vocalists... and free!!??)

presented by: Bobby & Steve and Shuji

DJs/Performers: Bobby & Steve, David Harness, Brian Tappert, Jon Julius Knight, Groove Junkies, Craig Bartlett and James Ratcliff

** PA's by: Arnold Jarvis, SuSu Bobien, Toni Smith, Terry Hunter (tbc), Shuji Hirose, Martin Mitchell, Mark Stone & Armando Gomez, UDM, Louie "Lou" Gorbea, Mr. Mike, Soul Creation and Darren Holland & Cory (Soulfusion)

Clevelander - 1020 Ocean Dr.
11am-10pm
FREE
links: www.zoogroovestereo.com www.dontstayin.com

Friday March 24th

"Jump N Funk"

(a tribute to the music of afrobeat pioneer Fela Anikulapo Kuti. if you like afrobeat this looks like alot of fun!! fyi... 'jump n funk' is a monthly nyc tribute jam to fela kuti.)

presented by: ZG Mgmt., Rich Medina & Africa Hi-Fi

DJs/Performers: Rich Medina, Rob Rizk and Ron Trent.

Marlin Bar - 1200 Collins
1pm-8pm
FREE - RSVP Required...
jumpnfunk@yahoo.com egyptiansoul@msn.com
links: www.jumpnfunk.com www.richmedina.com www.sonotheque.org www.marlinhotel.com

Saturday March 25th

"Gotsoul Therapy"

presented by: Gotsoul in assoc w. Undaground Archives and Soul Revival

DJs: jojoflores, Danny Krivit, Dennis Ferrer, Mike Fresco.

Performers: Sara Devine. Cordell McClary + more tba.

Touch
7pm-5am
info: info@gotsoulrecords.com
adv: $15 door: $20 tix: www.therapynights.com

links: www.gotsoulrecords.com www.undagroundarchives.com

http://www.dontstayin.com/

grit

TRIBE Member
so many dope events in miami throughout the festival. and some of the outdoor venues are mindbogling beautiful. pure miami vice.

that bugs in the attic vs. jazzanova event is a once in a lifetime party. the beats and bassline's will be too much.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Sunday March 26th

"3 degrees Global – Some Call it House… We Call It Home Tour” – 5th Annual

presented by: 3 Degrees Global & URB Magazine

DJs/Performers: FLX, jojoflores, Monna, Ed Dunn, bigSEXY, double07 and Julius “The Mad Thinker”

Marlin,
1200 Collins Ave.
noon-9pm
links: www.3degreesglobal.com www.urb.com www.marlinhotel.com

Monday March 27th

"City Deep presents Environments"

presented by: City Deep Music & BasicNYC

DJs/Performers: David Harness, Aaron Ross, Halo, Alix Alvarez, Mr. V., DJ Oji, Jamie Thinnes, Duane, Master Kev and Sleepy Boo.

FREE. rsvp: info@citydeepmusic.com

Beach Plaza Hotel, 1401 Collins Ave.
noon-11pm
free with rsvp.

links: www.citydeepmusic.com www.basicnyc.com

Monday March 27th

"DefMix"

presented by: Back Door Bamby

DJs/Performers: David Morales & Frankie Knuckles.

(it’s Frankie Knuckles. lol ‘nuff said.)

Crobar Hotel,
1445 Washington Ave.
9pm-5am
$45 advance. $50 @ door

links: www.crobar.com

Monday March 27th

"Cha Cha Project Recordings – WMC 2006"

presented by: Cha Cha Recordings

DJs/Performers: DJ Spinna, Frank Roger, Johny Dangerous aka Foremost Poets, Jamie Thinnes, Juan Hoerni, Mikey Tello, Mike Edge, Frank Lara and Richard Lopez.

Marlin -
1200 Collins Ave.
9pm-5am
$20

Monday March 27th

"Cielo"

presented by: Cielo NYC

DJs/Performers: “Little Louie” Vega (MAW), Kevin Hedge (Blaze), Charles Webster, DJ Pippi, Tedd Patterson, Dixon (Sonar Kollectiv) and Nicolas Matar & Willie Graff. (cielo)

The Fifth –
1045 5th St. (corner of Lenox)
9pm-5am
FREE!! (say no more. Nyc’s finest club brings it to
Miami for the wmc)
links: www.cieloclub.com www.traxsource.com www.westendrecords.com
www.mawrecords.com

Monday March 27th

"Club Shelter 15th Anniversary Party"

DJs/Performers: Quentin Harris, Timmy Regisford, Sting International, Tyrone Francis, Lil’ Ray and Mia Friday.

Live: Byron Stingily, Monique Bingham, Colton Ford and Ambrosia.

(serious ‘Shelter’ lineup!!)

location - “Shine” - basement of the Shelbourne Hotel with a brand-new ‘Integral’ (formerly ‘Phazon’) soundsystem.

Quentin Harris will also be unveiling his full-length LP titled “No Politics”… a reflection of Quentin’s view towards music and its creation including performances from featured artists off the album.

Shelbourne Hotel - 1801 Collins Ave.
5pm-5am
$15

links: www.clubshelter.com

Last edited:

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
more WMC deepness...

Thursday March 23rd

"Underground Collective"

presented by: Robbi NYC

DJs/Performers: Tony Humphries, Jellybean Benitez, DJ Spinna, DJ Spen, Bobby & Steve, Halo, Master Kev

Blue - 222 Espinola Way, 1401 Collins Ave.
10pm-5am

link: www.undergrouncollective.net

there's also a "3 Chairs" (the legendary detroit production collective... Malik Pittman, Theo Parrish, Kenny Dixon Jr. (aka Moodymann) and Rick Whilhite) jam in the works for WMC. i'll post deets once they're available.

Luke Native

TRIBE Member
Younan Music Day party @ Club Twist WMC : South Beach, Miami 1057 Washington Avenue. Sunday afternoon 1 pm - 10 pm

The time has come for some of the world's greatest tribal labels to unite and put on an event that is rarely seen. Join us in a gathering of drums and beats with the finest tribal djs all over the planet.

with Urbana records, Bamboo, Stereo productions, Bamboo digital, State recordings, Magna, Stereo cool, Tribo, Freakybeat, Solar recordings, Beat Freak, Tweeked Records

Will be hella fun as I'll get to throw down some tracks with the big boys

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
dvs said:
my '06 wmc deep picks for now (with personal faves i would defnitely check out in bold... the others are just as great but the bolded ones just stand out more for me in terms of their programming, consistency and skill on the decks from personal experience. the jams listed below are solid overall [an understatement considering the full lineups! damn.]... just my personal opinion so take it for what it's worth. just thought i'd share some wmc event info with y'all ;) )... i'll post more when i find them...

~ d

Sunday March 26

Mr. A.L.I. and Peven Everrett performing live!!

Dj sets TBA

@ Harrisons (411 Washington)
$20 in advance. $30 dollars at the door.
doors open 4pm to 5am
info: http://www.unifiedrecs.com/partys.html

i'll post more shortly...
just wanted to update the listing above.... (they added an incredible dj lineup to the live portion... damn!!)

SUNDAY MARCH 26 2006

Venue: Harrisons
Talent: Peven Everett,Mr A.L.I,

DJs: Karizma,Theo Parrish, dj Spinna, Glenn Underground,Terry Hunter, Vick Lavender, Boo Williams, Brian Reaves, Vick Lavender, Ray Prasad

Address: 411 Washington Ave South Beach Miami
Time: 5pm - 5am
Presented by: Unified Records & Steven Stewart
Admission:$20.00
WMC Badge Policy: $15.00
Venue Type: Other
Food/Catering: Buffet

Details: Hosted By liL Ray- NYC & Ray Prasad of VIBES N' VINYL CKLN 88.1FM - TORONTO,CANADA - WWW.CKLN.FM

Contact Name: Phone: Email: unifiedrecs@unifiedrecs.com
FOR REDUCED GUESTLIST - Email: rayprasad22@hotmail.com

props to toronto's own - ray prasad on the gig... go get 'em girl!!

d

Last edited:

tonep

TRIBE Member
um yeah, here's APT's party

Friday March 24

A ParTy with Apt DJs!

Presented By: AptEntertainment.com & Lust4house.com

DJs/Performers: Mark Farina (Great Lakes Audio/OM), DJ Heather (Blackcherry/OM), Ken (Alphabet Music/ecb), Raoul Belmans (SwirlPeople/Aroma), Lawnchair Generals (Aroma), Jason Hodges (OM), Olivier Desmet (Amenti), Miles Maeda (World Evolution), Justin Long (.dotbleep), and John Howard (OM)

Blue, 222 Espanola Way

When: 10pm - 5am

Door Price: $10

Thats what im talkin about!!!

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Sunday March 26th, 2006 @ RAIN

John Davis presents - R I S I N G S T A R S feat.

Aaron Ross (UK, BB1 radio, Fanatix)
jojoflores (Montreal, Gotsoul Therapy, 3Degrees)
Julius "the Mad Thinker" (Chicago, 3Degrees, Aid to the SouLLess)

10pm - 5am

$20 - General admssion
$10 - M3/WMC badges

Be ready to sweat!!!

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
wow... serious lineup...

d

Presented by : Still Music, Philosophie Music, GOGO Music, and Atal Music

"3 Chairs" - Kenny Dixon Jr. (KDJ, Mahogani Music), Theo Parrish (Sound Signature), Marcellus Pittman (Unirhythm), Rick "the Godson" Wilhite (Soul Edge, Still Music, Philosophie Music).

with

Glenn Underground (Urban Heirs, Philosophie, Unified), Hanna Hais LIVE (Defected, Atal), Markus Enochson, (MAW/Especial Ricanstruction), Ralf gum (GOGO Music), and Jerome Derradji (Still Music).

Where: The Marlin, South Beach Miami

When: Sunday, March 26th 10 p.m. - ???

Door : $20 or $15 with M3 Passport

grit

TRIBE Member
dvs said:
wow... serious lineup...

d

Presented by : Still Music, Philosophie Music, GOGO Music, and Atal Music

"3 Chairs" - Kenny Dixon Jr. (KDJ, Mahogani Music), Theo Parrish (Sound Signature), Marcellus Pittman (Unirhythm), Rick "the Godson" Wilhite (Soul Edge, Still Music, Philosophie Music).

with

Glenn Underground (Urban Heirs, Philosophie, Unified), Hanna Hais LIVE (Defected, Atal), Markus Enochson, (MAW/Especial Ricanstruction), Ralf gum (GOGO Music), and Jerome Derradji (Still Music).

Where: The Marlin, South Beach Miami

When: Sunday, March 26th 10 p.m. - ???

Door : $20 or $15 with M3 Passport

:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:

Oh MAN. That's just crazy. Pretty sure Rick and Kenny have not played the miami festival before. Not too sure if any of those Detroit cats have. Holy FUCK. This changes everything. Should be interesting to see how KDJ handles the 'south beach' scene.
If this event is outdoors = pure heaven on earth.