1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

winXP delete question

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Pk Ripper, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Pk Ripper

Pk Ripper TRIBE Member

my sister deleted one of my movie folders on winXP today. She did not goto the recycle bin to empty it but the folder isnt there anymore. There was about 25 gigs of movies in there. Is there anyway to recover these files?:confused: :mad: :mad:

2. deep

deep TRIBE Member

If there was 25 gigs worth of movies in there she would have been prompted upon deleting them if she wanted to remove them permanently as the folder would be too big to fit in the recycle bin. so it's the same as if the recycle bin was emptied.

You could try installing an unerase utility like norton's unerase but I'm pretty sure that your best protection would have been if it had been installed beforehand.

Hopefully it's on a separate hard drive and you don't just have one (since writing new information or installing programs to the same drive the files were deleted from could make those files harder to retrieve by overwriting the space they once occupied)

3. Pk Ripper

Pk Ripper TRIBE Member

damn!!! well it was on my primary HD (winXP). It is a 60 gig drive and I have another 40 gig slave. I'm going to try to find and d/l the nortin utility now!!!

SO MAD!!! I had the whole set of band of brothers on there in svcd format!!!!!

4. Pk Ripper

Pk Ripper TRIBE Member

does anyone know if I can get these files back manually!??!??

5. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Yeap,
    buy your own computer,
    download them again,
    profit... securely.