• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Winterlicious

Twinkle Toes

TRIBE Member
Reservations opened yesterday for Winterlicious. I love both summer and Winterlicious as it gives you a chance to try places that you wouldn't normally.

I booked at:

King St Social
One
The Chefs Table
L'Auberge de Pommier

Where did you book? If you have been to any of the above, let me know what you though.

Stop Bill C-10

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Wish I could go this year, and I might still do, but it will have to be very close to home. King Street Social, One, Auberge du Pommier.. I wouldn't choose myself. I've eaten at all three, and they really don't deserve the prices they charge IMO. They're popular, but not necessarily good.

My ex surprised us with a dinner at Auberge Du Pommier for our 2nd (? I think?) anniversary, and we were very disappointed. It was all the rage then when it first opened (25 years ago? Maybe off on dates). I was a caterer at the time. I have eaten there since (5 years ago). It was the same unimaginative fare for those willing to pay for it.

I'm interested in 'The Chef's Table' in Mississauga, as it seems to have good reviews (although mentioned as a 'hole in the wall' - which can sometimes have the best food). If you meant 'The Chef's House'? Well, it just looks like another popularity spot.

This is a good thread for restaurant choices as there are a lot of foodie's posting: http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/tribe-main-forum/90809-toronto-restaurants-experience-164.html

It's my 'go to thread' if I want to check out something interesting.

Last edited: