• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Wintergalactic 2001

ecstasy riot

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MalGlo:
I was on Rev.. and.. umm.. i think some other stuff

But I swear i was sober when i was tellin u how good u looked

Dave
</font>
JERK............. touch me again and yr dead!

Mortyman

TRIBE Member
OTIS, thanks for the info. I'm surprised the no one else has yet asked where, if ever, we'll be able to find this set!

As I said before and I'll say again...

TIESTO IS GOD

Kris

deacon

TRIBE Member
OH...MY...GOD! AM I STILL DREAMING???

Words cannot describe what joy I am feeling right now
I have just spent 2 hours reading all the wicked responses from the boards about the event at 3:40 am in some internet cafe. I have never seen such a MASSIVE team effort to accomplish something special as at wg. The people brought the people this event and caused it to be a success. Every single person worked their ass off because they had the faith that Wintergalactic would achieve what it set out to do. Carmen, Trish, Laura, Mike M., Peter N., Steve M., Viceroy, Russel, Carlos, Rob & John D., Philip & Kate, Grant & Katie, all the absolutely wicked performers, flyer team, production staff, and every single other person that worked their ass off or were involved at this event...THANK YOU. you have all made this dream of the family's possible. I also want to say a MASSIVE and heartfelt thank you to my partner and best friend Andre Z. We prevailed and can sleep now bud!

To all the peeps that came out to NYC...After the most stress endured in my entire life (Fishbowl Ent and Pennsylvania Hotel sucks!!) I am thankful that you turned up at the party to finish off the crazy weekend. You all are wicked! A special thanks to Joey, Tony M.and Mark for helping me keep my sanity (what was left of it!)Throughout the ordeal I was able to meet some wicked people though.

As for the party itself, I think that this is the best party I have ever been to..the sound, the lights, the music, the pyro...was all wicked.I never thought i would ever say that about my own event! The sets were amazing, especially Orkidea and Gene C. Original Recipe debuted their talents for the first time in 5 years and kicked people's asses. Dr. Draw added a nice touch.

One last note is that although a couple things got screwed up (metal detectors!), I thought that the vibe was unlike anything I have ever witnesses since my first party attended in '92. The scene came out in full force and they have no idea what the future holds with Sonic State!
You all will be sooo psyched and taken to another level.
Thank you so much for being a part of the magic!

Peace to all the party people.
Peace to all the good-vibe djs and promoters.
Peace to all of you. Welcome...
You are now a part of our global family.

Nick
Sonic State

p.s. I will see you at the Wintergalactic Recovery/Laura's Bday party this Saturday at the Loft..email sonicstatecd@yahoo.com for details.

chickpea

TRIBE Member
Well! What to say! I'm finally approved to post stuff after everything's pretty much been said...but everything was SO awesome it deserves to be said again

NYC was fabulous - thanks to Sonic State for providing an opportunity to meet such great people...next time we should just get six rooms on purpose - I think it's more fun that way
Nick, Joey, Lisa and everybody else - you are the coolest! A bonus meeting Orkidea to find out not only is he super talented, but a sweetheart as well... Malia rocks, but she already knows I think that

I couldn't think of a better end to my weekend than Wintergalactic - an event that will be near impossible to top. Good people, good music, good till 10am!

I'm looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

heather

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

girl friday

TRIBE Member
Wooohoo, took me so so long to get on the board

Wow, what an absolutely incredible weekend. Heather thank you so much for taking me up on the crazy idea of going to NY to party with 40pple we didn't know. Even though there were some snags it was totally worth going especially cause of the many incredible people we met.

Joey and Nick thanks so much for the great weekend. Especially Wintergalactic, what a truly amazing event. VIP kicked ass. Tony, Lisa, Bill and everyone else it was great meeting you. I can hardly wait to party with you all again soon.

Heather and I just got the pictures back so I'll post them or email them as soon as i can.

Still glowing
Malia

SPACEMAN

TRIBE Member
I would like express this.

"It's not about the DJ, it's about the celebration. It's about the music uniting people and creating a wicked vibe. The quality of DJ sometimes determines the vibe of the event, but it's the people that carry it forward, involving our senses, one's we don't even know exist."

Andre Z

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Hmmm....tiesto.

Hey Andre, Next Wintergalactic sell about 500 less tickets and it'll be perfect.

Remember: Money is not the key!

How are people going to interact when they can't even move around each other?

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^

Even if they sold 500 less tickets for that party, the front half of the main room, (when Tiesto was on) would still be really packed. That's life. Besides, there was lots of room around the front when Tiesto finished up and Orkidea took over. (that's a shame, btw)
You just can't please everybody.

Tony

G

I thought Orkidea's set was amazing. Dare I say.... better than Tiesto's....

Evan

Mortyman

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ~dazed~:

Evan
</font>
WERE YOU EVEN THERE?????????????
BLASPHEMY, BLASPHEMY, BLASHPEMY!!!

Retepic

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ~dazed~:

Evan
</font>
I actually did enjoy Orkidea's set more than Tiesto set. Nonetheless, both were amazing! I believe Tiesto did not play his best reletively speaky, but still a phenomenal set.

Retepic

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cheer Bear:
Hmmm....tiesto.

Hey Andre, Next Wintergalactic sell about 500 less tickets and it'll be perfect.

Remember: Money is not the key!
</font>
How do you even know they even made money from the party?? Just look at the production quality of this event, it wasn't cheap i'm sure. I don't think they were out for the money. Beside there was plenty of room in the back. Obviously everyone will want to crowd near the front during the set of the hour! Look how much room there was before and after Tiesto's set.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Hey, I didn't have any complaints about the party other then the over crowding.

It was wonderful.

Tiesto is great, I love him.

But when its packed front to back, and I hear a track that I love and I'm unable to "get my groove on" it's kind of disappointing. Understand?

I realize the money that they had to spend to put this on, and I respect that.

Maybe I'm being picky. But I had to leave a half an hour before Tiestos set finished because I couldn't stand it.

That's sad.

But if the rumours about where he's gonna be next are true....I'm gonna be one happy girl.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
And F.Y.I - I was at the back, It was still crowded. I had to steal my friends I.D and run into the sketchy chill out area to escape the madness.

Retepic

TRIBE Member
I'm sorry you didn't have enough space to dance. I understand exactly how it is when a beautiful track is played it just makes you want to dance, and not being able to is very frustrating. I was just saying that the company was not trying to ram the place with people just so that they could to make money. They didn't even reach Dock's capacity. It was only packed cuz the aqua lounge and the chillout tent wasn't hardly used during his set, which is understandable cuz there was no music in those areas at that time.
Next year the venue will be larger so they won't run into that problem again.

Tiesto returns in the summer ladies and gents!

prepare!!

pete

SPACEMAN

TRIBE Member
Sorry about it being too packed. And it's not about money, I hope that was something said out of frustration not dissapointment. We always find out capacity and cap entrance below.
We care about production, quality of music, and quality of care for eveyone there. Fresh fruit, cheap water and alcohol, and lot's of room. Relatively speaking, there was tons of room compared to other cramped venues I've been to before. Hope you still had a wicked time though. Peace

SPACEMAN

Viceroy

TRIBE Member
Overpacked? It could have been much worse. I was actually expecting it to more crowded, even though it was at times hard to dance, the overall perks of the party made up for any minor inconveniences.

What can you expect with Tiesto....?
Peace,
Steve

echootje

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MartyMcFly:
I had an excellent time at winter-G.
I was with good friends
& we all had a great time.

but I was wondering

Was anyone else in the outside tent area around 5:30am ?

Well there was a huge pool of rain water about 20 feet wide and 1-2 inches deep. Now imagine theres this one guy who was feeeeeeeeling the TRANCE & dancing in circles.

I saw him spinning around & around,
arms out to the side dancing and dancing.
when then next thing I see is
him diving onto the floor.. into the "lake"

I laffed and cheered,
lots of people did...

props to that guy.
afterwards one of the vendors tossed him a free Tshirt.
</font>
FINALLY get to post on this topic and it's a week old. Hi, I just got approved! this is my first post to Tribe board, but Matt (ThePlunger) said you guys are cool so I'll give it a go.

Yeah I saw that nutter, I thought I was messed up, dancing around at the back of the tent (white-camoflage hat) spaced dancing with the speakers but Matt pointed this guy sitting in the water and loving it! It made my night!!

Great party, and I met loads of cool people, I loved the fruit and the bacardi freebies etc. One thing was really great about the venue... VENTILATION, I could breathe with little difficulty! respect to Docks and promoters alike!

Cheerz
echootje (Rob)

Casper

TRIBE Member
i know this is really late and i'm not going to comment on tiesto because i think that's already been covered but, i just wanted to give mad props to Hibernate. these guys blew me away and i still can't get their performance out of my head. sorry i don't know their names but the shorter guy of the two was so into it (they both were but this guy was just losing it) and making me go insane on the dance floor. i would have to say - and my brother agrees with me - that i enjoyed thier set more than tiesto's, there is just something about good live PAs that you can't match with vinyl. by the way, during hibernate-sober, during tiesto-fukerd.
peace

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cheer Bear:
But if the rumours about where he's gonna be next are true....I'm gonna be one happy girl.</font>
Please share with the group? I'd love to know where he'll be in the summer?
Bumbaclat

Mortyman

TRIBE Member
How sweet it would be if he came back down for WEMF??? Tell me I didn't just get your hearts racing just thinking about it?

Kris

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
I don't spread rumours. I just hear them. hehehehehe

Lets just say - It's good.

VERY good.

VERRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYY good.