1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Winter Hockey League Players

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by R4V4G3D_SKU11S, Aug 25, 2003.

1. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Hey guys/gals - we're still looking for 4-5 players for this. PM me if interested.

The details are as follows:

- 32 Minute Games (12 X 10 X 10 Min. Periods)
    - 28 Games Guaranteed
    - Stop-time Play
    - IGHL Provincial Championship Qualifier

The cost for a team is $5,799 (+GST): $6,204.93.

This would work out to $388 per person for the season if we have a full roster. This is $14 a game... which is pretty decent.

The games would be on a weeknight... same one each week. Monday - Thursday. I don't care which. Include your preference and any "not possible" nights in your response.

We are looking for 6 defencemen and 9 forwards. I think we have a goalie locked up.

It will be a D league team dedicated to having fun and learning the game... not slamming doors and ragging on people who suck cuz most of us will and we'd all get tired bitching at each other

2. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I am really interested in playing this year. I was just looking into where I could play last week.

A couple of questions though ...

Also, I know you say "D" league, but what kind of level is this? I haven't played in a while, but I was at the representative level when I played in my teens. I obviously don't want to play in a super-competitive league, but I also don't want to play with people who have just learned to skate.

Also, is there full contact, or has that been eliminated from this league (I know some play-for-fun leagues prohibit body-checking)? ANy night is posible for me, preferably later in the evening (just so that people don't get stuck in traffic).

Where are the games going to be played? Somewhere downtown Toronto? And at about what time? Early evening, or late evening?

I would be interested in playing forward, although goalie is the position that I played at the representative level. So if you ever needed a backup because the starter couldn't make it, I could always fill in.

Cheers ... Ian :)

3. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

I'm not sure exactly what D league means. I think everyone has varying levels of skill - although I've never played wit these guys. I used to play rep as well but haven't played in over five years so that should give you an idea...

No body contact unfortunately - I don't know of any D leagues having it.

It's at the Beatrice Ice Gardens at York University. We're not sure of the night yet (Sunday - thursday, all on one night). It'll be night games though.

It'd be good to have someone else that I know on the team ;)

4. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

If you need a goon, Im your man;)

5. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

We do need a goon indeed!

6. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

Ian you could play out and fill in as backup as required!

7. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

A goon in a non-contact game? I don't really see the point.

I don't really care too much about the body contact. It would be nice to have, but the game can still be fun without it.

Do you possibly have a webpage that has any info on the league? How did you find out about it?

8. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Goalie is really where I shine to be honest. But after my rep years, I played out as a forward for a couple of years just to learn more skating skills, etc, and I played on my school team.

I'd love to get back in between the pipes for a game or two.

Now I just gotta fish out all my old equipment. I hope my parents haven't sold it all off.

9. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

Kevin (+goonsquad)

I'm interested in lacing up my skates again, but I think I'm gonna leave the country again in January -- any interest in a 1/2 year free agent?

All other options you've lain down are viable......

10. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

11. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

As long as you can find someone to take over for you or don't mind paying full for half a year...

12. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

When does a decision have to be made?

I have to go home to my parent's house to check out my equipment status. I am in assuming I have all (or at least most) of my equipment from when I used to play. It was all in good condition, and will fit fine. But if my parents sold it all, I'll have to think about spending a few grand on new stuff.

13. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

ASAP but not right now.

Call your parents and let me know. It's a long season so I'm sure you'll be needed in the pipes more than once!

14. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I'll maybe just go home tonight or tomorrow night and see my equipment status. Assuming that I have most of my stuff still, then you can pretty much count me in.

I'll also ask around to see if anyone else I know is interested, if you are still short of people.

15. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

Right on Ian - PM me tommorrow. :)

16. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

I just called the league manager about some more info.

There are no team slots available for the Thursday night. There are about 10 each for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. He said to book relatively shortly though. Game times are between 6:15pm - 11:30pm.

And regarding the league selection, you choose a level (A, B, C, D) and play in that level for the first 4-5 games. After that, they look at all the teams and if any are mismatched and not playing at the same level as the other teams in the league, then they are either bumped up a level, or down a level. So even if we sign up for D and find out that the competition is too weak or something, then we will be put in a slightly more competetive league for the rest of the season.

17. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

Right on - if you can find more people please do so!

18. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

OK looks like Monday night will be the night as well.

19. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

How many people do you want on the team? I am interested if there aren't too many people as I'd like some playing time.

20. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

16 guys - 9 forwards 6 defence 1 goalie

21. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

too far.

22. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

Not if you have someone to ttc with ;)

23. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Both of my brothers might be interested. I'll talk to them more about it tonight. So that might be 2 more people.

24. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

Right on!!

We're entering a team for sure now and adding people as they come.

25. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

How many are you short by right now? If I join I know at least 1 or 2 others that would want to play.