• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

winners question

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
OK...

my grandfather gave me 150 at winners but I noticed the receipt was still in the envelope(I think he just plum-forgot)...anyways,I DO need some new threads but winners doesn't usually supply what I want so is it even possible to take the certificate back and get money back?...I can say it was a gift FROM me:confused:

a few people have told me that you can't return a gift certificate

Torso

TRIBE Member
Winners has housewares too... get yourself a down comforter or something...
I very much doubt they'll give you money for the gift certificate.

smilez

TRIBE Member
I don't think so, why not call them?

but you can get some alright stuff there. you just have to look hard and go to the right location. there was a time when they had SNUG stuff....but SNUG is no more:(

Melissa

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Torso
Winners has housewares too... get yourself a down comforter or something...
I very much doubt they'll give you money for the gift certificate.
after a lil' thought it was a FUCKIN' GIFT from my 78 year old papa!...why would I return it??...man, im greedy:D

actually I got a really nice navy blue comforter from my mom this year...but that's a good idea,some good house stuff:)

the one on queensway had a really nice stussy jacket a few months back, doubt it's there still but they do have the best clothes from the ones ive been visiting lately so maybe I'll save it for when im that way

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
nope... when you purchase something with a gift certificate, they normally note that on the receipt. Instead of saying cash and the amount... it willl say gift certificate and the amount.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smilez
I don't think so, why not call them?

but you can get some alright stuff there. you just have to look hard and go to the right location. there was a time when they had SNUG stuff....but SNUG is no more:(

Melissa

are you going tonight melissa...we need to party again :cool:

Karim

TRIBE Member
I found alot of Energie and Sixty at the local Winners. Sick brands. They've got good stuff. Give it a chance first.

:)
Karim

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
depends which winners you go to.

in toronto the one at college and yonge actually has some good stuff. however, it depends when you go and shop there. obviously any time around christmas the store would be wiped out of the good stuff. but give it some time and hit the store.. i am sure you will find some decent stuff (labels).
I got a couple of ralph laurent pants and some other nice shirts that cost me a lot less. anyways, good luck.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Guess, Buffalo, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger all very common in Winners, wherever you go.

Rarer, but wicked finds I found:

Diesel
Energie
Sixty
Mooks
Pusche
4You
Zegna
Zegna Sport
Ben Sherman
Stussy
FCUK

I'm always in for a surprise everytime I go to my local winners. Find one that consistantly delivers good clothes, and it'll be your first stop for clothes shopping, if any of the brands above appeal to you.

Karim

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
to me the label matters less.. as long as the clothes look okay and they are comfortable.

i can buy a 400.00 diesel jacket and look like a thugh and feel uncomfortable. Or go to the gap and buy a 150.00 jacket look a bit better and be more comfortable.

anyways.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Yeah, but I find some labels fit alot nicer and have hipper designs.

If I found a shirt that I just liked the look of, I'm not afraid to go get it tailored. But if I find a shirt by a label that has consistantly made shirts that fit me well, it saves me a trip and a few bucks.

Karim

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Winners has some SICK stuff there

a friend of mine told me she found a store with a bunch of Kitchen Orange stuff there mad discounted.

I pouted for a week.

ALSO after noting the amount of CK lingerie there so cheaply i'm planning a serious underwear update. At those prices how can you NOT?

~allie~

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
you might be able to buy a couple of things and take the rest in cash, I used to work there so its pretty sad that I dont know the answer to this.
winners gets a big *flicks the bird* from me!!!

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
i love winners. you need to be a digger, but if you have some fashon foresight shopping at winners can result in serious shopping coups.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
paging mcbee, resident winners expert...
i'm here, i'm here.

yeah winners!

(and yeah me being on vacation from winners until january 6!)

but i don't know the answer to the gift certificate question.

my guess would be you can't return a gift certificate for cash.
and why would you want to? winners has great stuff...you just need patience and time...look through all the stuff! you'll find stuff! go first thing wednesday or friday mornings....stores get deliveries on tuesdays and thursdays so all the good stuff is out the next day.

:)sarah

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle
depends which winners you go to.

think about the area and the demographic of the market around a specific store, and labels/brands suiting that demographic will be at that location.

:)sarah

MoFo

TRIBE Member
What's with all these people wanting to return gift certifates.

Dood, don't you have any friends and shit? Use it for home stuff. They have pots and pans. Hoodies for any kind of guy. And lots of linens. I mean, $150? I can use that for jeans, a pillow, a shirt and a nice TP5 hoodie.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Or put it up for sale it in the buy and sell forum.. at a discount.

Like 10 bucks off the face price or something.. someone will buy it.

new to t.o.

TRIBE Member
I just used some gift certificates at Sherway Gardens . . . if you purchase something for $40 with a $50 certificate, you get the rest back in change.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle
Or put it up for sale it in the buy and sell forum.. at a discount.

Like 10 bucks off the face price or something.. someone will buy it.
Tried that for my Metropolis GC, noone ever took it.

I've had it for a year now, I hope they dont expire.

50 bucks, ill sell for 40.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
metropolis?

what kind of store is that?

150.00 of clothes isn't that bad IMO...and seriously.. is not like winners only has shitty stuff. They have some nice stuff too IMO.