• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Wine Cellar Question

kuba

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know how to solve this problem:

Im looking for a device that can maintain a constant temperature in a wine cellar.

I know that one way is to buy an actual wine cooler, but the amount of wine in question is pretty big. (thus the cooler would have to be big)

the cellar has been built but the temperature fluctuates too much.

Anyone?

futronic

TRIBE Member
As long as the cellar has been properly insulated and has a vapour barrier, you can just install a cooling unit. They don't have to vent to the outside unless you decide to get a split system.

You can find some examples of cooling units at Rosehill Wine Cellars. Click here for their product comparison. You can also buy them through the Wine Establishment and numerous other places in the city.

Make sure you get something adequate for your space. Let me know if you have any more questions.

-- Jay aka Fut

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Cellar coolers
http://www.epinions.com/fddk-Accessories-All-7545025-Vintage_Keeper

500_cellar.gif

^^ Yum. My dad has the 500 btl he got it for 2k
I want the 150.

http://www.vintagekeeper.com <-- Seriously for all your wine cooling storing needs.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

futronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
Cellar coolers
^^ Yum. My dad has the 500 btl he got it for 2k
I want the 150.

If he's already built the cellar, he doesn't need storage. He needs cooling. That's why I recommended a stand-alone cooling unit that would be mounted into a finished cellar.

-- Jay aka Fut

kuba

TRIBE Member
Do you guys think its a better idea to start fresh and buy a cooler or build up this current wine cellar? (still in early stages)

thanks

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Give us some background here Jake. Do you have some bottles already? If so, how many? Or are you starting to collect? Is there an actual room already built for the cellar?

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
if you already have space and can work with it, why not?

yeah polska, throw out some deets, ###, location, etc...