• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Wine Brewing

Cannabus

TRIBE Member
I am looking into brewing my own wine for the summer festivities. Most likely around 40-50 bottles.. Has anyone had the experience of doing this yet? any recommendations? prices?

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I've done it a few times but my friend owned the shop so I got a great deal. Their best wine for $110 (30 bottles). It's worth it either way...... but the hangover sucks....

Bumbaclat

futronic

TRIBE Member
If you wanted wine for this summer, you would have had to do it in January. If you make wine from concentrate (blech), then it needs 4 weeks to ferment, and then you have to lay it down for two months before you can drink it. If you make it from juice, it's 6 weeks fermentation, and still two months to age in the bottles (at least two months, btw). Regardless, you're looking at 3-3 1/2 months minimum, so you won't be able to drink it until August.

-- Jay aka Fut

swenard

TRIBE Member
I prefer to let the wine age in the carboy for a couple of months rather than in the bottles.It ages faster and tastes alot better when you age it in large volumes.

Never use anything but fresh juice,if you want good tasting wine. I buy all of my supplies and juice at "Piazza" Its on the queensway in Mississauga.They supply all of the small wine stores.so their prices are usually the lowest.

shawn

P.S. I started this reply last night.But, I was too wasted to type it all out.

Cannabus

TRIBE Member
well Fermentations in T.O says then can have it ready in about 8 weeks. So I hope to be aiming for mid-July...Hey Swenard what kind of juice have you used for your whites and reds...I like a fruity red with a bit more tang (tanins) and a nice dry white... I am planning on making the a small trip into T.O on Monday to do this up... not bad prices neither $95-$135 for 28 bottles...so it will cost me around $200 for 50 bottles of wine :)

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

futronic

TRIBE Member
I just started a batch of Chianti Riserva today (from juice). It cost me $150 (taxes incl.) and I'll get 30 bottles out of it. Sure it's a little more expensive from juice and for this appellation in particular, but it should come out extremely really well.

-- Jay aka Fut

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
I just started a batch of Chianti Riserva today (from juice). It cost me $150 (taxes incl.) and I'll get 30 bottles out of it. Sure it's a little more expensive from juice and for this appellation in particular, but it should come out extremely really well.

-- Jay aka Fut

MMmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!! :D

~Lori

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
If you wanted wine for this summer, you would have had to do it in January. If you make wine from concentrate (blech), then it needs 4 weeks to ferment, and then you have to lay it down for two months before you can drink it. If you make it from juice, it's 6 weeks fermentation, and still two months to age in the bottles (at least two months, btw). Regardless, you're looking at 3-3 1/2 months minimum, so you won't be able to drink it until August.

-- Jay aka Fut
word..

dude you could make some wine now for the summer but it will be pure swill....

try starting some now for next summer, that might turn out alright

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cannabus
well Fermentations in T.O says then can have it ready in about 8 weeks. So I hope to be aiming for mid-July...Hey Swenard what kind of juice have you used for your whites and reds...I like a fruity red with a bit more tang (tanins) and a nice dry white... I am planning on making the a small trip into T.O on Monday to do this up... not bad prices neither $95-$135 for 28 bottles...so it will cost me around $200 for 50 bottles of wine :)
I personally like a very dry red and a very sweet white when I make wine. Its very easy to make wine at home rather than make it at a wine place and its the same price to buy the juice and all of the equipment(which you can use over and over again)as it is to make the wine at a store. It takes no work to make either.Take juice, let it forment, drink(plus a few rudimentary steps in between to make it taste the way you like it)

I can make 30 bottles for $40.I get the bottles from a friend at a glass company for free though(the bottles are reusable or you can reuse bottles from wine yoi've purchased).

Cannabus

TRIBE Member
alright thanks.... i guess it is a little to late for the summer wine :(
i was thinking you could drink it right away but little did I know you have to let it sit for some time...

im a newbie at this but if buying your own equipment is the way o go I all over it... 40$ for 30 bottles sounds very tempting to me :)

thanks ...

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain