• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

windows xp

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
does anyone's windows xp suddenly reboot on them with no notice?

i swear to fucking god i'm going back to win 2k as soon as i burn a bootable version

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry

Or maybe here's an idea, go start another wine thread, or a "hey, i need help burning a game that I mooched off the internet because i'm a complete fucking idiot and can't look stuff up myself" thread.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Hrmm.. panda has doing a pretty job of keeping my computer virus-free and i've been running my rig for about 5 weeks now and never had a power supply issue before. (but i did have a feeling it was underpowered).

hey god, go fuck yourself.. this is more than a "i'm a complete idiot who can't uncompress files, and use notepad to edit a cdrwin cue file" issue.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JuJuHound
proly a virus....

win2000 sp4..........best o/s ever

I very much agree, I think i'll go back to this operating system on the weekend.

Thanks for the info guys..

bitchass

TRIBE Member
xp pro has been great for me. my system is on 24/7 as a server and i haven't had any major problems since i installed it when it first came out. i even switched motherboards,cpu and ram and it was all plug and play. sweet.

as for the reboots... my dad just went through this when he installed it clean on a new system. there is some worm virus that installs simply by connecting a non-patched system to the internet. he installed xp, installed service pack 1 but the patch didn't get applied, obviously, until after he had been connected. norton found the virus but couldn't remove it - he grabbed the removal tool from norton's website.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bitchass
xp pro has been great for me. my system is on 24/7 as a server and i haven't had any major problems since i installed it when it first came out. i even switched motherboards,cpu and ram and it was all plug and play. sweet.

as for the reboots... my dad just went through this when he installed it clean on a new system. there is some worm virus that installs simply by connecting a non-patched system to the internet. he installed xp, installed service pack 1 but the patch didn't get applied, obviously, until after he had been connected. norton found the virus but couldn't remove it - he grabbed the removal tool from norton's website.

thanks bitchass.. i'll try this tonite too.

rod_g

TRIBE Member
Hey star frites

I'll sell joo my IBM Deskstar 100gxp 60 giggar

Just ordered my WD Rapta

Fo you, no tax!

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
just got xp
liking it a lot

i have millennium on my home computer
millennium sucks

everytime i tell an IT person at my office that i have millennium at home they laugh at me.

yeesh.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

stanimal

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
Debian... best OS ever.
Been running my Debian server for over a year now on a P2 266. It has only been rebooted 3 times in that timeframe; everytime cause I needed to physically move the machine.

Definitely a very lean and stable os.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories