• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

windows XP question?

swilly

TRIBE Member
If i am running XP and i only have 128 megs of ram will it be running very slow? I know this is the minimum but i would of thought it would still be pretty gast considering i have a 1.9 processor

but i could be wrong. If that is the case how much do you think upgrading to to 256 or 512 megs of ram would cost for a dell laptp
cheers
william

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
I would imagine it will run like a bag of shit.

try to get some more ram, you should be able to check pricing for more at dell.ca :cool:

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Astroboy
I would imagine it will run like a bag of shit.

try to get some more ram, you should be able to check pricing for more at dell.ca :cool:

really it would run that bad?
swilly

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
doesn't matter if you have a 1.9 processor... the computer will run like a disease ridden whore cause your computer's gonna have to write/fetch memory straight from the HD.

RAM's cheap these days too. You can snag 256mb for about $50.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
512mb for XP IMO.

pr0nstar

pffffft. :D

...actually, I've run XP on a machine with 128 MB. It runs ok. And I mean "ok" in the tepid sense of the word. So like, if you want to run 5 web browsers, MS word, ICQ and your email client, say goodbye to productivity, because XP sucks up nearly all 128 MB just to run without additional user processes.

Stooopid windows.

labRat

TRIBE Member
it'll run slower than Corky in a three legged race with bernie mac.

Minimum 1.21 JiggaBytes. And at least have it running at 80mphz.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
needsmoreram.jpg

Deus

TRIBE Member
I run XP on my laptop 64MB Ram 333CPU, slow as fuck, but it's enough for word processing and surfing the net.

zoo

TRIBE Member
I have XP running on a Pentium 133 with 48 Megs of RAM, and 2000 running on a Celeron 300 with 64 Megs of RAM.

XP runs much smoother when you're over the 256 Meg mark.