• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Windows Firewall Probems HELP!!!!!!

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Ok so the other day I was surfing around somewhere I know I shouldn't have and got licked with a bunch of adaware and viruses...anyways one of them turned off my windows firewall......now i cleaned my comp with everything I know and now for some reason I cannot access my windows firewall it says

"due to an unidentified problem. windows cannot display windows firewall settings"

wtf can I do and what should I do?


Thanks in advance

Louie
 

Shug

TRIBE Member
Google, first hit:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm

I've had this before, and this exact page helped me out... with that part, at least... it will most likely come back or not completely resolve it.

If that's the case, download the AVG anti-virus and firewall - find out what's on your system.. the firewall is pretty good.
 

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
i used Mcafee (thanks pete!!) and it found a few viruses and a trojan, after that my spyware scanner found a nasaty backdoor thingy...got rid of it too

my baby is clean:D

fuck i gotta back this shit up, i almost cried at the though of a complete reload

Latahz
Louie

PS-symantec anti virus corporate edition my ass!
 

ducke

TRIBE Member
StarvinMarvin said:
i used Mcafee (thanks pete!!) and it found a few viruses and a trojan, after that my spyware scanner found a nasaty backdoor thingy...got rid of it too

my baby is clean:D

fuck i gotta back this shit up, i almost cried at the though of a complete reload

Latahz
Louie

PS-symantec anti virus corporate edition my ass!
Another good thing for removing all the INTERNET's JUNK is SPYWARE DOCTOR - You will have to pay to get the full service but ITS WORTH IT = Removes lot's of crap = DOWN SIDE some windows operations do not work correctly - i.e - SCAN DISK or ERROR CHECKING .

Found tons 'f junk on my pc - 385 infected files - SPYWARE - DIALERS - and so on ...

Hope it helps those who use it ...
 

alcid

TRIBE Member
wow your guys' computers are dirrrrrrrty! do you not read stuff before you click OK to install all this crap?

BTW, Windows Firewall is garbage. Get something half decent like ZoneAlarm or Sygate (they have a free version for home use)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
alcid said:
wow your guys' computers are dirrrrrrrty! do you not read stuff before you click OK to install all this crap?

BTW, Windows Firewall is garbage. Get something half decent like ZoneAlarm or Sygate (they have a free version for home use)

i clicked on something i shouldn't have in a moment of frustration and my comp got anally raped for it, otherwise my comp is usually dirt free
 

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
people need to learn how to surf safer. Its not going to fix all your problems, but it will reduce them ALOT.

Where do you poeple go? Must be all the porn :)

Jay
 

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
xtcfreak said:
people need to learn how to surf safer. Its not going to fix all your problems, but it will reduce them ALOT.

Where do you poeple go? Must be all the porn :)

Jay

nope was trying to get a crack off of astalavista.box.sk and downloaded one but then clicked on the wrong file in the download and BAM

what is the surf safer you speak of?
 
Top