1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Windows 2000 Pro - using a tv as a monitor?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by [- FuNKtiOn -], Aug 22, 2003.

1. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

so Im trying to figure out how to get my tv to work as a monitor.

I've bought all the applicable cables, and go into the Display Properties and go into the Advanced Settings, the only thing listed as a monitor, is in fact my monitor. (which as far as I remembered, was where you would change the settings to show things on the tv as well)

do I need special software or something to make the tv option available (or make something appear on my tv when everything is connected) ?

lil help?
    the Windows Help is absolutely helpless in this situation.

2. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

Does your video card support TV out?

If not you're SoL

I did it with an Nvidea and ATI card. The ATI card had it bundled in the software but the other one, I had to download drivers from the website.

Go to Display - Settings - and Advanced. If you have the correct card and rivers there should be options in there to do it

Note: the resolution will be awful and impossible to read but kind of cool if you have a monitor and a TV simultainiously.

3. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

4. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

booya!
    thanks peeps, all is well.
    I think I'm gonna take advantage of this and watch Qbert's Wave Twisters.