• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Windows 10

praktik

TRIBE Member
Im queued on my main desktop and my HTPC - but update hasn't downloaded for installation yet, will report back

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
heard there is overlooked Nvidia Driver issues for laptop users and maybe desktop with windows 10, saw something about it on the forums.

im waiting till others install with none issues

JamesM

TRIBE Member
There's also a rollback feature. I had to use it almost immediately telling the IT managers I installed it.

Corporate in the states doesn't want that shit on our PC's yet.

Worked fine though, kept all the corporate settings, everything was great.

I told them it went in and out real fast. Why do they all have to laugh like 12 year old's.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
well apart from all the that's what she said jokes, it looked decent. Going back to Win 7 seemed boring.

That's all I got. Nothing windows at home anymore. All mac, so that was my one chance to bang windows 10

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JamesM

TRIBE Member
You should be fine. My work computer has identical specs, and it was smooth.

If you're on win7, and you're running 64-bit. Go for it. You can always revert back to Win7 with no issues. Just back your important shit up. as Always.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Got the update on my HTPC. Haven't really played around with it much. The Edge browser seems really fast but it doesn't support extensions yet wtf?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
My gf upgraded her laptop the other night and is struggling. There aren't any WiDi drivers yet for Windows 10.

What little I saw of it made me want to scream.

Now she's mad at me for apparently 'encouraging' her to upgrade to it. I'll hold out a year until everyone has patched things up accordingly - especially when my main desktop is my music studio computer (as I type this on a Mac).

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
If it was bug free, I'd say it's better than Windows 8. I love that they brought back the start button and the search feature next to it is promising.

The problem is that my cursor constantly pauses. The new browser seems to want to load almost everything including ads before it'll let you scroll and type. I've had to restart my laptop twice now because both the track pad and keyboard become unresponsive.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Got my proactive "be patient" email from microsoft

Will probably hold off a while, I have no complaints right now on either box

8.1 is pretty solid IMO

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Microsoft (and the major content distribution networks they hire) have been rolling it out in stages since Tuesday. Internet isn't breaking, but loads are substantially higher than usual. Here's some stats for the Toronto Internet Exchange, which has Microsoft and some major CDN's on it.

Toronto Internet Exchange

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
I've had to restart my laptop twice now because both the track pad and keyboard become unresponsive.
That sounds to me like a driver issue. Jump on your laptop manufacturer's website and see if they've got updated drivers for Windows 10. It's highly unlikely that they do, but you never know.

This is basically the problem with a new OS. Not everyone supports it. It doesn't pay to be an early adapter in my opinion. My girlfriend experienced a similar thing with her Lenovo laptop for WiDi. It just stopped working because there's no longer a working driver for it.

Personally I'll wait until about a year from now to upgrade when the verdict is out and manufacturers have caught up with driver development.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
roll out a free OS in hopes developers will start their stuff ?
even for free, this is a joke.
imma wait for 14.1

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
It's a bumpy road. Upgraded at work and at home. Drivers aren't particularly matured for GFX, and MS has yet to release the much needed RSAT tools for work. (As well as KMS server updates for anything older than the 2012 R2 kms). SCCM Endpoint is not playing nice yet either. So in the Enterprise, it needs some time.

At home, HD video playback is less good. Netflix app is buggy as hell, too.