• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Window tinting

swenard

TRIBE Member
Any suggestions for someone to tint my windows in my car tomorrow. I picked up my new car yesterday and I have tomorrow off, so I would like to get it done.

I want someone who does a qaulity job with quality tint for cheap.

preferrably.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
go to ziebart or what ever the fuck that place is called... lifetime garantee so you don't ever have to worry about peeling or it bubbling up.

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Get the tint with the metallic shit in it. It lasts longer and looks way better after a year.

What color did you get btw?

swenard

TRIBE Member
I got the Sunburst yellow.

I am probably going to go to "the detailing shop" in Newmarket. They were reccomended to me by gtasentra.net and they give a discount to forum members. $225.

28% all around.

But, it sucks cause they are booked up for the next week and I am super impatient.

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
why are you going with such a light tint?
28%
I'd go down to a 15% personally....i have 5% in my acura. hehe

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Astroboy
28%
30% is the maximum tint on the front-side windows, I believe. I personally don't like cars where the back and front tints are of varying percentages. So to keep it all legal, 30% all the way round is good in my opinion.

BTW, you can usually get those guys to "slip you in" and get it done right away if you offer more money.

Cheers ... Ian :)

swenard

TRIBE Member
28%

I've had dark tintis before.. I don't think they look all that great and I HATE driving at night with them. I almost backed into a ditch once with 5% rears.

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream

BTW, you can usually get those guys to "slip you in" and get it done right away if you offer more money.

Tried already. He wouldn't have any part of it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
You didn't offer enough then. Everything can be had for a price. ;)

True.

But I have my limits as well.

I will pay up to 25% more for anything, if I can get it faster or done better.

But, that is my limit.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swenard
True.

But I have my limits as well.

I will pay up to 25% more for anything, if I can get it faster or done better.

But, that is my limit.
I am not suggesting that you should offer more than a reasonable limit (25% is fine). I was just saying that at some price point they would change their mind. But chances are it would be an amount that is not worth it just to save a few days.

finary

TRIBE Promoter
I had a really good experience getting my tint done.

Tint King -> Etobicoke (queensway and islington area i believe)

$200 for sides and rear windows

I got an illegal tint, but have never had problems with it. It was a really good job and never peeled or faded. It'll be 2 years old in april.

/finary

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Caz

TRIBE Member
I got the Sunburst yellow.

I am probably going to go to "the detailing shop" in Newmarket. They were reccomended to me by gtasentra.net and they give a discount to forum members. $225.

28% all around.

But, it sucks cause they are booked up for the next week and I am super impatient.
yeah, i know those guys, they're really good

and honest:)

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
28%
holy shit!

5% ?! I couldn't see shit out of my CRX when I was at 10. When I got my windows tinted at 10 (sides and rear), I got them removed and retinted at 25% within a week.

wow. 5 -that's nuts.

bucky

TRIBE Member
all of my cars have always had 5% tint, it's the only way to go. once you're used to it you can see just fine!

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bucky
all of my cars have always had 5% tint, it's the only way to go. once you're used to it you can see just fine!
But you're american... so you don't count ;)

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
I'll agree you can't see shit at night...but I don't care...it looks so much better...and I rarely drive the car at all anyways..

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bucky
heh... but it's against the law so i'm a rebel!
SO are throwing all night dance partying and supporting drug usage...

Oh wait, that's only in Toronto :p

Vise

TRIBE Member

I highly recommend the Detailing Shop, I've had my last 4 or 5 cars tinted there and my family has been dealing with them for years. Best quality tinting anywhere IMO... he does most of the tinting for dealerships in Newmarket, including Porsches for Pfaff and Nissans for Donor (where I got my 2002 Spec V).

It'll be worth the wait for sure.