• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibit at the ROM worth a visit

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

A friend and I went to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibit at the ROM.

The images are very good and displayed quite nicely. As a photographer I was happy they included a gear list with each image, which can be really telling if you know what to look for.

I was especially impressed with the images by the young photographer categories. Most of them used consumer grade cameras and lenses and their images often exceeded the quality of the photographs by pros using $10,000 lenses and pro camera bodies.

There were a few drone shots included, and they were impressive. An overhead shot of an iceberg with whales swimming inside it is just stunning. Another drone shot of an leafy island in a river covered in lily pads was also amazing.

Worth a visit, especially if you are a parent and you want to show your kid what is possible with a photograph.

Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2018

Last edited:

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
I keep on hearing good things about it. Considering I work right next door, I have no excuse, really.