• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Wii

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
New Nintendo system. Formerly called 'Revolution', it is now 'Wii'.

And it's got the sickest control scheme since the Dance Dance Pad.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Yes I know that...but what's this "Live On Gamespot" stuff?

*Edit*

Nevermind...I checked it out....play-by-play is weak for a conference...

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
Yes I know that...but what's this "Live On Gamespot" stuff?

*Edit*

Nevermind...I checked it out....play-by-play is weak for a conference...
you could have streamed it live from the event;)

And ya this is the slickest system yet. Can't wait

The Peej

TRIBE Member
gamespot?

I'm getting pretty excited about this thing! I just got my NES and my SNES back from my old roomie after a year. It's been a teary joyfull reunion! I think I've played through Double Dragon II and Super C three times in as many days!

PLEASE don't charge us an arm and a leg to download classics. PLEAAASE!!

d.code

TRIBE Member
Ive been shitting my pants looking at some of the new nintendo games...
i was going to get a ps3 first- but fuck that. Im going striaght for the penis! i mean wii.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I thought that all Nintendo created releases be free of charge to download but any 3rd party games may come with a fee.

I may be wrong though.

I have yet to buy a Non-Nintendo system since the original Playstation.

Looks like my trend will continue.

:D

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
I'm getting zelda/wario/red steel on launch day. Here in asia this shit is huge maybe an upset for sony this time aorund? From word on the streets and in the shops nintendo is getting a lot more feedback and interest this time around!!

Say it with me...

Wii

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I'm sick of normal controllers after karoke/dance dance rev/guitar hero... no more thumb button action for this gamer! a new era dawns!

silver1

TRIBE Member
Although not mentioned once at the conference (even though at last years E3, they said it would be a launch title), Super Smash Bros. has made a suprise appearance on the show floor.

Story Here

Some interesting notes, for the first time a non-Nintendo character is showing up in the game, Metal Gear Solid's "Solid Snake" will be in the game. There is also a poll on the Nintendo Japanese web site asking players what other characters players want in the game.

I expect Sonic will be at least another non-Nintendo character that will make the cut.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Have they released a price point for the Wii and what it comes with?

Will the games be mini-dvd or cartrige again?

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
silver1 said:
Although not mentioned once at the conference (even though at last years E3, they said it would be a launch title), Super Smash Bros. has made a suprise appearance on the show floor.

Story Here

Some interesting notes, for the first time a non-Nintendo character is showing up in the game, Metal Gear Solid's "Solid Snake" will be in the game. There is also a poll on the Nintendo Japanese web site asking players what other characters players want in the game.

I expect Sonic will be at least another non-Nintendo character that will make the cut.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
I'm looking very very very very forward to this.

Just in time for my son's 3rd birthday!

(that's what I'll tell his mom, anyway)

silver1

TRIBE Member
TheRunningBoard said:
If that controller woks as advertised...it looks like it is going to kick ass. Some videos are on http://wii.nintendo.com .
From the "Hands on" impressions I've read, for the most part it's delivering as advertised.

The general thoughts have been that there's been a bit of learning to get used to it, but no more than 10 minutes to get the feel of it.

The feedback on how Madden controls (seen here) has been really strong, considering how "Wiimote" intensive it is.

All in all, we would say that is one of our favorite games that we have played so far on the Nintendo floor. The gameplay is slick and makes you feel as if you are really playing the game. We know we can't wait to play this game around our office, and we are sure that once you put your hands on the game, you will feel the same way. Simply put, Madden '07 embodies Nintendo's Wii's catchphrase: playing = believing.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
silver1 said:
From the "Hands on" impressions I've read, for the most part it's delivering as advertised.

The general thoughts have been that there's been a bit of learning to get used to it, but no more than 10 minutes to get the feel of it.

The feedback on how Madden controls (seen here) has been really strong, considering how "Wiimote" intensive it is.

I read differently:

This doesn't work. In Madden's case, and likely most mainstream sports titles, motion-controlled functions can't compete with good looks (e.g. fluid animations, realistic physics, etc.). This is the risk Nintendo took. And this is an instance where that risk has put Nintendo at a disadvantage versus its competitors.

Madden NFL 07 is fugly, and if the tech demo of EA's next generation of sports titles we saw at Sony's media briefing is any indication, PS3, and Xbox 360 for that matter, will see some incredibly enhanced animation and physics upgrades over the coming years. Nintendo will trade these improvements for the ability to hike the ball with a wrist snap or attempt a pass with a wrist flick -- heck, Sony's PS3 controller can do that. There are other motions for jukes, straight arms, and kickoffs. But these motions don't make us feel any closer to the real sport, if anything, they're just tedious. First we have to select a receiver using the appropriate button, and then we have to flick the wrist. Why can't we just press A?
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/wii-impressions-madden-nfl-07/