• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

why is there not a mobile site for Tribe yet?

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
the site works fine on mobile. and "mobile sites" are a thing of the past anyway - certainly not the future.

edit: begging for a mobile site is like begging to have windows '98 back.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The next board software we use will be responsive. It is made by a different company and will happen either in January or in May of next year.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Why it has taken so long is that because the board is so huge and has a few modifications on the backend, transferring it to another board software intact is a complicated process that had to wait on the development of importing tools.

The new board will have a different look as well (over and above the responsiveness) which is something I am not really keen on but I suppose will get used to.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
This interface is definitely from the early 2000s, but just like TNG it has that intangible, comforting feeling.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
The good news from a more mobile-friendly (read: small form factor) design is that people would have a much easier time posting between the hours of Friday 1900-Saturday 1200. I'm sure that was what was holding people back.

peko

TRIBE Member
Why it has taken so long is that because the board is so huge and has a few modifications on the backend, transferring it to another board software intact is a complicated process that had to wait on the development of importing tools.

The new board will have a different look as well (over and above the responsiveness) which is something I am not really keen on but I suppose will get used to.
Cool. Will we get to test features out again?

JamesM

TRIBE Member
There really isn't a need to responsive design tribe. Anyone in the industry knows responsive design is on the way out. It was a bandaid for awhile to transition from weaker mobile browser technology.

But for web applications, it's still very relevant. Not so much web sites.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I've suggested being on Tapatalk as well. Not sure what that would take to do, though.
Tapatalk replaces your ad code with their own so the publisher can't monetize their mobile traffic which is why I haven't installed it here.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
tribe is dead, it lost its fun when everyone got old and forced out the younger generation of posters due to fiefdom
unless you have a baby, trade on the market or are doing renovations on your home this is not the site for you

music or a scene...bwahahaha

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
tribe is dead, it lost its fun when everyone got old and forced out the younger generation of posters due to fiefdom
unless you have a baby, trade on the market or are doing renovations on your home this is not the site for you

music or a scene...bwahahaha
GEEZER

ps - the kids have shit music.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
The Kids are too busy liking facebook shit, and complaining about one liners. Like "OMG what? like that even happened you knew!"

Other than that, Tribe will still attract the old hat.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
yes, and the old hat have kids and dont go out anymore because they bought houses they can barely manage and the scene as it was passed them by.
all you have to do is look at the upcoming events pages or the event review pages

far too many seperated threads and the busiest is the no one wants a kid or i have a kid so im super special thread

all the music realted threads are freaking ghost towns

the sports threads are populated by the same 10 ppl who argue amongst themselves
it took about a month of the other site congratulating themselves on how cool they were and patting themselves on the back and basking in their own glory before that site went to shit
this site has a bit more history but is going the same way, name a newbie who has stuck around in 5 seconds

Last edited:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
i wont explain this on here bernie, i have told you in person
the fact remains in our dotage we dont have time to frequent a site that has become far too segmented
it was better with less forums allowing ppl to interact and fight more

also,. as per my listening ....KENNY KEN RINSE OUT@@@