• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Why is there no good DnB in Van City?!

eskayo

TRIBE Member
I may be just out of the loop, so if anyone knows any good upcoming DnB shows, or even a weekly night that's worth checking out, could you please let me know?

eskayo

TRIBE Member
Ha! I knew someone was going to bring that party up. Unfortunately I was away for the long weekend and didn't make it.

I've just been looking for upcoming shows and didn't really see any.

Thanks for the link. :)

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
yeah, dnb here is a sad state of affairs.
the andy c party was a blast, but honestly - andy freakin c, playing in a sports bar, on a soundsystem from someone's living room... that pretty much sums up the scene here.

it's sad to watch the talent roll through seattle, and even victoria, and not make a stopover here.

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
our dnb scene here is in desperate need of a reboot right now, but quite frankly, the entire genre seems to need a bit of a shake up.

The tuesday nights seem like a step in the right direction and I'd totally go if it didn't conflict with my own residency.

eskayo

TRIBE Member
Thanks again for the tips guys. I did check out the Met a couple weeks ago and feisty boy's description of Andy C pretty much sums up how I felt about that place. The beats were good though...

I too have friends in Victoria and it seems the scene is much better there. Boo.

I have yet to check out Republic on Tuesdays. DnB is only on the patio though right?

I think I'm going to try to make the trek down to Seattle for Freaknight 11. Ahh... nostalgic memories of the Better Living Center in Toronto haha...:cool:

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
^ well, we most of our major promoters retired in the last 2 years and the remaining scene seems to have taken a step towards the sketchy.

I do suggest hititng up the Halloween Clash party at the Lotus on Halloween (wed the 31st). That'll be a little taste of what the scene used to be like here... Regardless of the day of the week, the Clash parties are generally one of the best of the year and there will be dnb in the main room all night.