• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Why is the Tribe Board timing out and crashing so often, its like 1-3 times daily...

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
things it could be;

- ads
- Malaysian Plane Flying overhead and pointing a H.A.R.P. at it.
- DDoS attacks
- NSA is spying on us as our Missing Malaysia Flight Thread is top tier
- Rob Ford did it, as hes sick of the 10k post count talking about how much of a fucktard he is.

Any other thoughts?

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
LOL

nah, check in a few times a day, to see if Rob Ford has been arrested yet, and peoples thoughts, seeing people argue about who will be our next mayor, and where in the world is the Malaysian flight !

its odd, not consistent, at work and at home, in latest version of Chrome.

Meh, thought it was odd.

Guess its not happening to anyone else.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i emailed alex about this. i'm also on Chrome.
started a couple days ago, it works fine for me until i log in and try to post, then it just hangs and then times out.
it's working better now.
i blame Iran.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Yeah it's been doing this with me too, and I'm on Firefox. In fact, it just did it just now as I was trying to log in to post this... it *hung* for a couple minutes, (enough time for me to have a quick shit, btw)
I suspected it was because the flash-based banner ads up top are conflicting with the shockwave-flash plugin.... still do, but I could be wrong.

entoutcas

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Yeah I suspect it's those flash-based banner ads up top there. Because there's two of them (on my end here), and they're both assertively running their own flash-based scripts, and this is conflicting with the actual shockwave plugin, which apparently would prefer to read one at a time, or something.

It just happened again as I was trying to navigate away from this page.. it just *hung*, while a spinning beach-ball (or whatever), went off in one of those banner ads.

That and the fact that Adobe seems to have dropped the ball since Apple decided they no longer like them

praktik

TRIBE Member
one day last week couldn't post all day, just kept hanging or wouldnt let me quote a post (quick reply worked only).

Also had a few wonky ads seem to take up my whole screen without me clicking a banner or link yesterday, some RPG bullshit

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
When I go to tribe from any android devise I get a pop up asking to install some virus so I just hit cancel. Does anyone else get that? It happens on my Samsung SIII and Sony Tablet.

Firefox crashes daily when I am on tribe regardless if I am signed in or not.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
When I go to tribe from any android devise I get a pop up asking to install some virus so I just hit cancel. Does anyone else get that? It happens on my Samsung SIII and Sony Tablet.

yay android? haha

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I'm not on enough to notice significant crashes and that many times, but I did notice it last night.

All the time.. One of the reasons I check comments on here less. I use my phone more these days. It's annoying.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member

I keep getting that pop-up too. It's the ONLY pop-up I've ever had on my phone. As for my pc, I keep getting a message saying that Chrome can't load the website. Again, I have no issues with any other website. It's very annoying.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea what is causing this. My admin is going to apply a patch to the vb software (or he may have done it last night) so that may be it.

Most often, vb board hangs are caused by partially loaded images in a browser cache or a partially loaded cookie. This is why I ask people to dump the cache and clear the cookies and it often clears up the issue.

We will be retiring vb when I get back and will be switching the board software to another platform called Xenforo so enjoy the glitches while you can, however I have not had the site crash once and I am on a pretty sketchy connection.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
It was crashing on me on the weekend. I was trying to post a picture of Rob Ford but it wouldn't let me. Ford is DDoS attacking you.