• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

WHY is everyone so afraid to post an event review ?

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Even the Roll calls are weak. I only find out about parties now through FB a couple days before the event...makes for a logistical nightmare.
James is right...this Board is completely going to shit...and don't even get me started on the Trump Presidency thread !

praktik

TRIBE Member
My lack of reviews can be explained by lack of exposure to events where I would be able to write a review.

My mom says Im cool

praktik

TRIBE Member
And ya, please let's NOT discuss the Trump Presidency thread, i havent seen such a shitty thread since everyone said so many mean things about Rob Ford!!

praktik

TRIBE Member
A bunch of my friends are at Om now.

Coulda reviewed that if I went with them.

Dammit.

I did a Sunday Social once this year.

Twas fun. Busted it out to some classic Ol Dirty Bastard for the first time in ages - he had me rockin it

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
Because no one would care about the events I go to?

And I usually only go to parties with locals (For the vibe and the price)

Saw Mister Saturday Night (Justin only) back in March. He was really good. Acid house, disco, Kenny Bobien, Deep, sometimes techy. Great skills behind the decks.
In a perfect warehouse on the road where all the good parties are these days.

octo

TRIBE Member
i went to the mister saturday night party too. good times. nice vibe
a couple of weeks ago i went to sunnyside for the over and over party. fantastic! party of the year so far.
last weekend i stayed till the lights came on at Bunda with Ian Friday.
before that i was at Bunda for Manoo. and Dino and Terry for SA Deep party before that.

nobody on this board cares about deep house so i don't post or come here very much anymore.

i came to see if there was a review of Danny T at Sunnyside this past weekend or Joey Negro at Nest.

djfear

TRIBE Member
I was waiting to see how long my Sango review was going to be at the top. I guess I stopped checking and didn't realize there were a couple of other posts.

Given the instantaneous "you are there" experience that social media like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, posting reviews is a bit redundant when it comes to an event.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Orb was pretty wicked!

Nice and heavy actually, like a slow techno party.

Had a great time!

Was a stroll down memory lane to see all those faces, brought out a lot of familiar ones!

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Wow seriously I thought the orb you were speaking about was the trump orb with the Saudis. I sincerely didn't even know they were a band. Hah. The Orb review!!

It's all you guys talk about. Face palm.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
JESUS H CHRIST.
You just trashed an actual event review. They were just here you fucking idiot. Then, you spoke of Trump in said event review.
Paterson would not be impressed.
You're a sad pathetic human being, who once did some decent things on this board. Now, your lack of humor and weak attempts at sarcasm are Tribe's joke.
You're just using the Trump thread to make excuses for the fact you're not doing anything worthy with your own life. He's got more Jam than you do.
Like Trump says...Sad.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Orb was pretty wicked!

Nice and heavy actually, like a slow techno party.

Had a great time!

Was a stroll down memory lane to see all those faces, brought out a lot of familiar ones!
i couldn't go ... i heard they only played for an hour(ish ) ?
people were initially expecting a much longer set. then, they brought in an opener, and the 10 pm hard close at the Mod Club...wow.