• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Why I love Americuh

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
do I want to know what the sign means by 'to pass'?

(also how is this different than every day?)

funfuncheese

TRIBE Member
Rajio said:
do I want to know what the sign means by 'to pass'?

(also how is this different than every day?)
to pass around, to share

(it's different because there's more tits and beads than every other day)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Incrimin8

TRIBE Member
we had a fat tuesday today at the office cause a co-worker forgot to bring in his fat friday last week

it was a yummy fattening cheesecake

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
You've never heard the term 'Fat Tuesday', Vinder?

Though they've got the meaning a bit muddled, it's a pretty common phrase.

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Shrove Tuesday (aka 'fat' Tuesday/Mardi Gras) is a traditional time to use up 'luxury' ingredients (eggs, milk, sugar, butter, etc.) before lent (traditionally a season of fasting) begins the next day ... so asking people to bring 'delicious and fattening' food is kind of keeping with tradition.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

defazman

TRIBE Member
what the deuce is a shrove?

so I guess it's not just americans who are ignorant and make fun of other people's cultures. interesting.

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Wikipedia: "The word shrove is a past tense of the English verb "shrive," which means to obtain absolution for one's sins by confessing and doing penance.[7] Shrove Tuesday gets its name from the shriving (confession) that Anglo-Saxon Christians were expected to receive immediately before Lent.[8]"

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

billy

TRIBE Member
time to prepare some of that deep fried coca-cola. i like to cover mine with chocolate sauce then dip it in cheese.