• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Why doesn't Canadian health care cover dental problems?

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I have a good job and I have good money.

Today though my stupid rotten tooth split, and I figured it would be OK for a while.

Well I was wrong. And I just want it pulled out of my head. The main reason I don't, is I have to take time off work and talk to the stupid dentist.

Oh and we all know how it's going to go with a dentist. A first appointment, where the dentist tells you what you already know. He probably does some X-rays, etc, and says:

dentist> "You're tooth has broken somehow. It needs to be...."

And he can say removed, or root canalled, or drilled, or whatever else he fancies.

What do the lesser advantaged do in the same situation? What do immigrants with no English language skills do in this situation? What do the unemployed do? What do the poor do? Do they wake up with a whole mouth full of problems like this? And it's not covered by public insurance?

-jM
A&D

JamesM

TRIBE Member
doesn't matter. The immigrants get free health care and houses at the expense of the people who lived and did the system their entire life.

While they tekkin ur jerbs.

erika

TRIBE Member
It makes no sense. And the fact that health care is provincial jurisdiction and not federal also makes no sense. It should be covered.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Not like anyone cares, but there has been some "studies" that suggest that root canals and metal fillings can cause cancer. [no, I'm not posting links]

JamesM

TRIBE Member
It's actually funny. When things are going right in the world, my lady always compains about her teeth.

Like come on. I got bigger problens, Yes, they're not yellow okay? Get some white strips if your're really concerned.

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Mine are yellowed from the smoker days. S'why it's nice to have my union get me the bennies to get em fixed up (not that I have, mind you...but the option is nice).

I haven't seen a dentist in almost a decade. It's nothing to be proud of. My chompers still work to feed myself though. Tis enough.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
The teeth that I've had problems with are all the ones the dentist worked on.

Ah, I know that sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy, but for example:

One tooth had a "cavity". So it got drilled and filled with your regular mercury amalgam. What., $150?:

Then later, it was "infected" (or something), so they had to root canal it. Oh that was expensive, four roots, $800 or more?

But then according to dentistry land, that root canaled tooth now needs a crown. . This is not paid by most insurance companies, depending how long you worked there etc. $800?

And finally the crown broke and the whole tooth fell apart. So it became an extraction. Except, the dentist couldn't extract it because of how messy it was. So I had to go to a surgeon who put me under whilst he cut up my gums and everything to the tune of at least $1200 which no insurance covers.

He did put in some cement such that if I ever choose to get implants, there is something to anchor them in. Wow, great.

So now this new tooth, I think I'll just skip to the end block, and tell the dentist to just rip it out. I'm gonna need heavy painkillers and lots of valium cause im really not cool with dentists.

-jM
A&D