• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

why do people post crap about nothing?

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
On a related topic, does posting nothing make it into something?

I think that's how the Sun stays in business.
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Rosey

TRIBE Member
well, the issue of nothingness is in fact something, so perhaps it does.

by that logic, is it possible that the very concept of nothing creates something? that's trippy.
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Nothing only exists as a concept... the very same way as everything only exists as a concept.

In fact, they are the same.
 
but aren't we all talking about something here?

From the Ministry of true conversation about nothing would be a completely blank thread.

Prime Minister Highsteppa
 

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Nothing only exists as a concept... the very same way as everything only exists as a concept.

In fact, they are the same.
oooh, that was like. deep, man.

i'm tired of hearing about nothing. if i see one more header saying "there was free cake at work today!" or something along those lines, i will scream. it will be audible. oh yes, you will hear a distinctive ear piercing shriek even while sitting at your monitor, and this unholy cry will echo across the city.

perhaps topics of conversation have been completely exhausted so now we're all going in (circlescirclescircles). i shouldn't really complain, i've been on a posting flurry lately & i'm guilty of it myself...but for now methinks i should turn *off* this one eyed box and do something slightly more stimulating. (like stare at the t.v. hee-haw!)

*muah*
~N
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by air-bag
Why is everything only a concept?
Because there is always something more.

Imagine everything. You can't.

Imagine that you could. What's outside that? Nothing? Well, then, that nothing becomes something, and therefore you didn't imagine everything... and so on.

The flipside is that in order to imagine nothing, you have to imagine everything. If you imagine everything, what is left must be nothing. But, since it is something, it is not nothing.
 

ADT

TRIBE Member
if imaginary numbers are as real as real numbers...

then imaginary letters are as real as real letters...

therefore imaginary posts are as real as real posts...

therefore imagining a post about nothing is as real as posting a real post about nothing..

but if posting about nothing is something..

then imagining a post about nothing is as good as a posting real post about something:eek:

v..abstractdatatype
 

air-bag

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Because there is always something more.

Imagine everything. You can't.

Imagine that you could. What's outside that? Nothing? Well, then, that nothing becomes something, and therefore you didn't imagine everything... and so on.

The flipside is that in order to imagine nothing, you have to imagine everything. If you imagine everything, what is left must be nothing. But, since it is something, it is not nothing.

1. It does not necessarily mean that you need to be able to imagine something in order to prove its existence. Theoretical math and physiscs are excellent examples.

2. >>imagine that you could imagine everything>> then you would not need to consider what is outside of it since you would be capable of imagining everything with no outside. It would just be everything. (Same with infinity.. you cant imagine it but you can define it)
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by air-bag
1. It does not necessarily mean that you need to be able to imagine something in order to prove its existence. Theoretical math and physiscs are excellent examples.

2. >>imagine that you could imagine everything>> then you would not need to consider what is outside of it since you would be capable of imagining everything with no outside. It would just be everything. (Same with infinity.. you cant imagine it but you can define it)
1. Theoretical = conceptual. Conceptual proof is nowhere close to actual empirical proof.

2. You can only define it conceptually. And, if you could imagine everything, then the concept of nothing would not exist, and then the concept of everything would be useless as well.

everything = nothing

0 = infinite
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Add up all the numbers in the universe, matching each positive one with each negative one:

(1 + (-1)) + (2 + (-2)) + (3 + (-3)) +... = 0 + 0 + 0 + ... = 0

[joey lawrence] WHOA! [/joey lawrence]

if each number represents something in the universe...

everything = nothing
 

air-bag

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd


1. Theoretical = conceptual. Conceptual proof is nowhere close to actual empirical proof.

2. You can only define it conceptually. And, if you could imagine everything, then the concept of nothing would not exist, and then the concept of everything would be useless as well.
1. Why not? I think its even better. Empirical proof is based of your perception. Besides, by examining something you might distort its behaviour.

2. I dont see how being able to imagine everything, nothing would cease to exist. You can imagine coldness, but you can also imagine hotness. Those are opposite yet both exist.
 

air-bag

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Add up all the numbers in the universe, matching each positive one with each negative one:

(1 + (-1)) + (2 + (-2)) + (3 + (-3)) +... = 0 + 0 + 0 + ... = 0

[joey lawrence] WHOA! [/joey lawrence]

if each number represents something in the universe...

everything = nothing
what does -1 represent?
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by air-bag
what does -1 represent?
That's up to you... you see, there are infinite "things" in the universe, and I though I can't really imagine what -1 or -3 or anything would represent, but I'm sure it exists...
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

air-bag

TRIBE Member
so why would the thing that represents -1 cancel the thing that represent 1?

and how would it cancel it anyway?
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by air-bag
2. I dont see how being able to imagine everything, nothing would cease to exist. You can imagine coldness, but you can also imagine hotness. Those are opposite yet both exist.
What is nothing, if you have everything? It becomes part of the everything, and thus doesn't "exist" on its own... or, it is something, and therefore you don't have everything. M'kay?

Hot and cold...hmmm... they are relative terms, in that cold doesn't really exist, only hot... enthalpy, kinetic energy, whatever you want to think of it as.... cold is merely the lack of hot...
 

air-bag

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd


What is nothing, if you have everything? It becomes part of the everything, and thus doesn't "exist" on its own... or, it is something, and therefore you don't have everything. M'kay?

Hot and cold...hmmm... they are relative terms, in that cold doesn't really exist, only hot... enthalpy, kinetic energy, whatever you want to think of it as.... cold is merely the lack of hot...
cant u say the EXACT same thing about everything and nothing?
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain
Top