• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

why do folks on this board...

sohaness

TRIBE Member
...always have a need to broadcast their daily plans / activities?

there are weekend threads, friday threads, saturday threads, sunny sunday threads, rainy saturday afternoon threads, its cold outside and my dick hurts wednesday evening threads, im taking a dump and making a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon threads....

if anyone can explain this to me, it would make my cold saturday - eating cereal, and then going shopping for jeans, then running, maybe a bbq and watching hockey - much more pleasant!

DigitalMP

TRIBE Member
Maybe they think there's an outside chance that they can have some sort of social interaction with such a pleasant cat as yourself...

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
It's narcissism mixed with stupidity, as if anyone cares what someone else's dumbass is fucking doing.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
It's really an extension of the nobody cares thread in a slightly different format.

Nobody Cares is generally whining and complaining about shit that did or did not happen in the past (Nobody Cares About What Just Happened or Didn't Happen But I Am A Fucking Whiner is what it should be called), whereas the "what I am doing" is Nobody Cares About My Future Plans But I'll Tell You Anyway and When It Happens or Doesn't Happen Please See the Nobody Cares Thread.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm drinking a cuppa TEA!

(it's got one cream and one sugar!!!!!)

Edit: I'll post pics later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
If you ask me there aren't enough (insert day of the week) threads on Tribe. I was tempted to start a Saturday afternoon thread because the Saturday all-day thread is simply too vague and I need to know what Tribers are doing with themselves right at this very moment.

This is important, serious shit here.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Subsonic Chronic said:
I need to know what Tribers are doing with themselves right at this very moment.

You know, it just boils down to complaining.

PAST COMPLAINING: Nobody Cares

FUTURE COMPLAINING: What I Will Be Doing (weekend threads, etc.)

CURRENT COMPLAINING: The current thread you are reading and its ilk.

supakeli

TRIBE Member
it's 'cause I'm so damn impressed that i'm able to do other things during the day on a weekend other than lie on the couch hungover wishing for death.

I'm a big kid now!

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
If you ask me there aren't enough (insert day of the week) threads on Tribe. I was tempted to start a Saturday afternoon thread because the Saturday all-day thread is simply too vague and I need to know what Tribers are doing with themselves right at this very moment.

This is important, serious shit here.

hah. that was my first big laugh of the day. thanks pete!

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Krzysiu said:
oh, I thought NC was past up to immediate complaints.

Well you certainly are complaining about it in the right thread.

Please put this complaint into Nobody Cares tomorrow.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
It's because everyone wants to think of themselves as an individual yet wants group membership.
So you get "look at me, I'm so unique, does this happen to anyone else...omg me too!"

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
the black crusaders are secret society of power black americans. bill cosby and oprah winfrey are the chief majors... but jesse jackson, colen powell and gordon from sesame street: they're members too. and they meet four times a year in the skull of the statue of liberty.

you can read about that on the intarweb!

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
SellyCat said:

tea.jpg

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
echootje said:
I'm posting in this thread.

Should have been:

"Oh god, why am I posting in this thread?" all whiny-like.

Note how I am complaining about how you are doing it.

Devin

TRIBE Member
people like to do the 'i'm so special look at me!' thing. Saturday, sunday, weekend threads are just a manifestation of that

The same people that post in the weekend thread are the same ones that post in the saturday and sunday morning threads. What I don't get is why the hell people have to post the same shit *twice*
no one gives a fuck x2

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Present tense threads such as this one should contain indignation in addition to present tense whininess and complaints.