• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Why are Toronto girls such flakes?

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
Bumbaclat said:
I doubt this is true.
Probably not, it's not a belief I'm particularly subscribed to but there is a lot of data from the national censuses that shows somewhere around 95.9 men to every 100 women(2007 census data, in 2006 it was 93/m to 100/w)

If I could be arsed to google the source I would :)

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Bumbaclat said:
this makes you come across as bitter.
Believe it or not I met this girl once at the Gladstone who came up to me and said "I don't know you, who are you?"

I said "why? You're probably one of these girls that's going to waste my fucking time."

Her jaw dropped open and she said "no one talks me like that. I'm the manager here."

I said "get used to it."

We're still friends. :p

lok

TRIBE Member
having reread some of this thread, I wonder why no one mentioned that everyone is flakier these days because the cellphone means you never have to make concrete plans.

Flakier or less willing to put with your mediocrity I guess.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
texting is another way for game-players to be coy and indirect. i resisted cell phones as long as i could. i had my texting disabled and it still is!

deevah

TRIBE Member
djglobalkiller said:
women would rather be with women, than a shitty guy

the odds are not in our favour
see lysistrata's "above the waist lesbian" comic

i'd rather have a yr long period than deal with a shitty guy

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
lok said:
having reread some of this thread, I wonder why no one mentioned that everyone is flakier these days because the cellphone means you never have to make concrete plans.
I have friends without cells who say it's to keep people from flaking.

why not

TRIBE Member
i love texting and cell phones because i hate being pinned into other people's plans.
so much easier to text/call around and see what people are doing, and then just let the evening unroll naturally, according to my whims.

no waiting around for the chronically late, as i can just leave if i'm bored.
no calling to tell people i'll be late, as i probably didn't say i was coming anyway.

i'm a flakey free spirit, god damn it!

unfortunately, it means that the few people who don't have cell phones in my life don't get to see me very often, but then again, they're hermits, so they don't see anyone very often, other than the people they live with.

poker face

TRIBE Member
I have problems with the girls in this scene. They usually have a lot of baggage and have emotional problems due to the drugs. I wonder sometimes if I will ever meet a girl that can fit right in my mold.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i think the emotional problems due to drugs affect guys as much as girls.

and the baggage thing is more an issue of age than scene.
as years pass, as relationships begin and end, people accumulate more baggage.

logical, no?

deevah

TRIBE Member
poker face said:
I have problems with the girls in this scene. They usually have a lot of baggage and have emotional problems due to the drugs.
By your reasoning - there would be plenty of guys in the "scene" with the same affliction since gatherings for electronic music are often cockfests and sausage parties.

hey you may be onto something here...

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
sorry to hear about your current situation Lee, dating inside the scene is certainly a crapshoot at the best of times (much like dating anywhere ..).

Keep truckin' mate, you're good people.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
see lysistrata's "above the waist lesbian" comic
hey! that was mine! :)

regardless of when i make plans, i expect them to be kept, regardless of having, or not, a cellphone. cellphones are handy for being a bit late, or getting lost and needing directions.

as for flakes... i tend to make last-minute plans, and plan my schedule carefully for the week ahead so that i can see the people i want to see. if you're in my calendar, you're in my calendar. and if you're a cute boy, chances are i'm not gonna double-book.

(ps - lys!! what's with the northern-ontario-girl attack?)

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
wtf is a scene? just something else you hallucinated when you were 19. Everyone seems to know everyone a little too well. gross. creepy. hard to find a chick that hasn't done 30-40 dudes (at least). baggage galore, attention whore! Anyways I'll stay away from the crazies from now on.

Here is a typical recipe for a flake:

The last thing you want is some girl that had a lot of fun on that nasty ride called 'the scene' and had to get off feeling beaten, sore and nauseous. she doesn't party anymore, most of her friends stabbed her in the back --- and you've confused 'burnt out' with 'matured a little'

^ no that's not personal to anyone...its personal to everyone!

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Apparently the guys forum is just full of comparisons between guys and girls.

Its the bloody gender olympics up in here!

Go compete with men in your own whiny, moany, bitchy forum.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders