• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Why are there so many gaijin dorks in Japan?

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
ANd Asia generally.

Gaz and I refer to them collectively as "gimps". There is just something pure mongy about them. As if this is some kind of brewing keg for losers who just can't hack it in their respective hometowns?

OK I noticed this effect within the first couple months, but didn't want to say anything, out of politeness and 'getting my bearings'. I wanted to give myself some time to observe and avoid empty generalizations. But, now I feel pretty confident in saying that there is something seriously amiss about most of the foreigners here.

When I lived in Africa, about 95% of the (mzungu) people were really cool. You actually were pretty hard pressed to find a gimp there.

But here, they are freakin everywhere, and so common and so predictable that it has more or less turned me off meeting new foreigners. Which is bad, I know, but still.

Anyways, I will post more when I get my thoughts coherent.

-jM
A&D

swilly

TRIBE Member
Japanese...gaijins...are...10x...as..cool...as...the...wugus...in...Korea..I...have...been...here...2.weeks...and...still...not..met..anyone...who...can..hold...my..
.interest
My..space.bar.is...still...broken

JAR

TRIBE Member
There is definitely a high proportion of losers among the laowai (foreigners) in China. That being said, I have also met some extremely interesting, intelligent and fucking unique people in Asia. but yeah, I think a lot of losers (guys) come here because this may be the only place they'll ever hook up with a female.

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
I noticed it everywhere when I was in Tokyo, and I wasn't even living there.

I will be in Beijing followed by Shanghai on business for 2 weeks in each city over May, hopefully a few more 'normal' ppl and a few less idiot English teachers than in Japan. Thankfully in Tokyo I did meet a few other gaijin businessmen who were cool. But 98% of the crowd who teach English ... all idiots.

Actually out of all the Asian countries I have visited - both for pleasure and for business - the one I met the most amount of successful, interesting individuals was in The Philippines. However in that country it was all or nothing. Either you have everything and roll around in an armoured H2, or you are some renegade American who still thinks Vietnam never ended and hangs out at Girlie bars all day.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sohaness

TRIBE Member
95% of the foreigners in korea are losers too. its so bad that i dont even really like to associate with the other foreigners.

steve.

Caz

TRIBE Member
k dude, if your shit is seriously broken, spend $6.50 or whatever the fuck yen and get a new keyboard, its less than going for beer tonite. Sorry if I sound abrasive. <3

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I vote that swilly should use the "_" underscore function instead of the "..." elipsis function, in lieux of his " " space function. Alternately, chr$(255) or chr$(32) works too, if he has an 'alt' key.

(that means hold down 'alt' and push '32', swillz)

Otherwise.....his speach..... reads..... very...............
.................... halting..........

..ly....

-jM
A&D

Caz

TRIBE Member
Jeff, wtf are you on about, I cant even read that (fine blame it on Stella, 6am I cant think of much else to blame it on)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swilly

TRIBE Member
sohaness said:
95% of the foreigners in korea are losers too. its so bad that i dont even really like to associate with the other foreigners.

steve.
Ok now that I have a working keyboard here are my thoughts on the matter. Having lived now in both korea and japan here are the major differences.

Attributes of People who go to Japan

1) Someone who cannot pick up at home and needs a shag and a ego boost.
2) Someone who was unable to find a job after uni and was the sorta A-typical party all the time get by on a low 70 average and now unemployed or underemplyed type who need to take a break.
3) People who are interested in Japanese culture and learning the language etc..
4) People who are lost
5) People who are there for a party and dont have any debts and just want to fuck around and shag tonnes and mess about for year.

People who go to Korea

1) People who need to pay off thier student loans and who are super focused on that
2) People who are scared off by the cosmopolitaness of large Japanese cities
3) People similar to attribute number 1 for japan but are too stupid to realize that they are in the wrong country for that ( language exchanges Muthafucka).
4) Small town people who want the whole out of country experience but...dont want to have to actually leave the western world. They come here only chill with other westerners go to the korean church on weekends and spend all thier time watching CNN playing basketball and drinking with the american military types.
5) People who want to save up a tonne for travelling for while

I fit into type 4 for japan and type 5 for korea. Sadly as dorky as the people in japan were many of them were at least kinda interesting. Like perhaps they were on stupid dorky missionary missions or they were there to improve thier nintendo skills or who fucking knows. But at least it was kinda funny in thier own stupid way, what they were doing. Here like they are all just so fucking boring I would rather spend my break time struggling in korean asking my korean co worker what foods she likes than talk to any of my other co workers. Same thing when you go out like it is like high school all over again except now all the moron cunts from high school have a bit of money.

PS Jeffsus the cunts in korea are as bad as the cunts from Japan except one thing. At least the cunts in Japan are from all over the place over here they are all from canada or america but mostly canada and well................. At least stupid people from other countries are kinda interesting because they are different. Boring people from capetown are more interesting than boring people from sarnia.

So ya could be worse you lucky cunt.
Dont foroget my bday is in may we will get chou yopadai.
swilly san

oh well
william

Last edited:

swilly

TRIBE Member
one last thing

I have met more graduates from brock, windsor, mcmaster, laurtien, and lake head university in the past 2 weeks than i did in the previous 25 years of my life.

so ya

swilly

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
When I lived in Korea, there were just so many loser travellers that we didn't even really try any longer, all they did was act all losery and breed with Koreans because no self respecting Canuck would go near them.

Sukebe Jiji

TRIBE Promoter
By gimps are you referring to:

- the vikings who head over to Japan to try and take advantage of as many girls as possible?
- the "get out of MY Japan now" syndrome clones who are in a constant battle to prove that they are as one with the Japanese and infinitely more Japanese than you?

anyways, please drink some cheap ass happoshu for me

dstarr

TRIBE Member
I saw a lot of this over in Korea.

I believe the root cause is that people get a bloated sense of confidence/importance over there.

Being a teacher in Asia isn't exactly the most respected job BUT you are given some level of authority and importance. Some people get off on that stuff.

It is also not uncommon for them to say that you're "handsome" or "beatiful" and they often say really nice things about you to your face. Of course, whether they mean it or not is another matter altogether but still you could go years without getting a compliment here but get them all the time over there. Rule of thumb: if they tell you look like Brad Pitt - you don't.

In Korea, it is not uncommon to be stopped on the street because people want to say hi. Of course, they are most likely trying to practice English or just be nice but, again, I think people get off on this.

Think about the life of the average wanker over there... now imagine those same people getting some level of authority, action and whatever else simply because they are teaching in Asia.