• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Who'd be interested in Luke Chable/Dark Alley?

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Hey all, I'm currently working on bringing Luke Chable from Melbourne, Australia to these shores, but I'm in need of Toronto/Montreal/Ottawa gigs for him. I have something for him here in Waterloo on a Saturday, but I'd like to go splits on his flight with someone willing to book him in any of those cities.

Does anyone know any promoters who'd be interested?

I can get him for a cheaper rate than normal since he's in London, UK right now and the flight would be about a grand less than usual if he were to fly from Australia. He's in London for another month or month and a half....

It's a bit last minute, but...

Anyway, here's a brief intro on Luke:
You may know Luke as Dark Alley (which had a track licensed to the Parks and Wilson 'Painting On Silence' CD), Digital Mind Control, 21st Century Fux, Lostep and Traveller & Quest on labels like SAW, Zero Tolerance and Vapour Recordings. He's also worked with Austin Leeds and Martin Accorsi from Yoshitoshi and is currently doing work with the boys from Sumsonic.

He's played all over Asia and Australia and is bringing his sound West....

Cheers,
Jay K.

RyanMarcus

TRIBE Member
Dude!

This sounds good man,

I've been caning his remix of Poundsystem's "Never Come Down" since I got my hands on it a couple months ago (approximately). That track/remix kicks ass. I'd really like the opportunity to hear him. Good luck!

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Aussie DJs

The problem with flying Aussie DJs over to Canada is that it costs an arm and a leg just to bring them here because of the flight. Then you have to pay for hotel and their rate too.

Luke would do it on the cheap for me as a bit of a swap, but I don't think it's going to happen from the looks of things. At least, not this time. No one has bit and he leaves London in a month.

It's a damned shame because we were going to write some tunes together. I wish I'd have known sooner that he was in London. :(

Other Aussie DJs I'd love to here:
- Mark James (Melbourne) - runs Future Entertainment http://www.futureentertainment.com.au and runs half of the Vapour Recordings studio with Kasey Taylor

- Phil Smart (Sydney) [although I actually heard him spin at Van Goghs ear a while back and then played a few tunes with him] from Thunk

- Infusion live (Sydney) from Thunk

- Kasey Taylor (Melbourne) - owner of Vapour Recordings.

- Gab Oliver (Melbourne)

Melbourne seems to be more of the hotspot for prog house to be honest.

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
Hmmm.... shame really. I would love to see any Aussie djs in action. Sorry to hear that things didn't work out as plan.
I love Aussie's producers, they always seem to have something innovative up their sleeves. Been a fan of Ivan Gough, Andy Page, Phil K's work, Nubreed and lately Infusion.

It definitely costs alot to bring them over, as a matter of fact, Phil K was looking for gigs here when he was over at WMC. Too bad I do not know any promoters who are keen on bringing here in TO. It will definitely be a lot cheaper when he is in North America than getting him over straight from Australia.

Anyways, good luck, I hope you'll be able to make tunes together with Luke in the future.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

RyanMarcus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lexicon

I love Aussie's producers, they always seem to have something innovative up their sleeves. Been a fan of Ivan Gough, Andy Page, Phil K's work, Nubreed and lately Infusion.
Is this Nubreed as in the Nubreed that has a track called "Hardass" coming out in the near future? If so, I am also a huge fan of them, as this track is a monster!

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
Yeah, that's right. 'Hardass' is such as monster track! They produced 'Depth' as featured in Dave Seaman's GU, also releasing 'Hardass' on the flipside.
They produced primarily breaks and have a release out on Zero Tolerance & remixes on Marine Parade.

Recently, the Nubreed fellas also remixed one of my all time fav tracks (Free Radicals - Summerbreeze) which was originally out in '97 and is now due for a re-released pretty soon I think.
Btw, Free Radicals is Ivan Gough, Andy Page & Phil K.
If u haven't heard the original, go download it, wicked track.....
Kick ass breaks, much like WOW's Gift in a way but still different.

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
Oh.. if I am not wrong, Nubreed also remixed Way Out West's Stealth....out on Distinctive Breaks soon...? :/

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Lexicon
Anyways, good luck, I hope you'll be able to make tunes together with Luke in the future.
As do I! He carries a much higher profile than I do at the moment. I think he's really young too... Around 23 or so. For a guy who's doing as well as he is at that age, he's one lucky/talented bastard! ;)

He's got shit coming out left right and centre and licenses on a lot of the major comps. I was due to be released on the Slinky 'World Class' comp, but the guys shorlisted me at the last minute. Ahh yes, the cut throat music biz.

Anyway, I think Australia is the place to watch in the near future. They've got a really thriving and lively scene there. It's just a shame it's so far away so that we can't get to see more of their talent here.

Cheers,
Jay

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
Re: Aussie DJs

Originally posted by loopdokter
The problem with flying Aussie DJs over to Canada is that it costs an arm and a leg just to bring them here because of the flight. Then you have to pay for hotel and their rate too.

Luke would do it on the cheap for me as a bit of a swap, but I don't think it's going to happen from the looks of things. At least, not this time. No one has bit and he leaves London in a month.

It's a damned shame because we were going to write some tunes together. I wish I'd have known sooner that he was in London. :(

Other Aussie DJs I'd love to here:
- Mark James (Melbourne) - runs Future Entertainment http://www.futureentertainment.com.au and runs half of the Vapour Recordings studio with Kasey Taylor

- Phil Smart (Sydney) [although I actually heard him spin at Van Goghs ear a while back and then played a few tunes with him] from Thunk

- Infusion live (Sydney) from Thunk

- Kasey Taylor (Melbourne) - owner of Vapour Recordings.

- Gab Oliver (Melbourne)

Melbourne seems to be more of the hotspot for prog house to be honest.
bring infusion with casey taylor and i will come out for sure!

this is not brian dickson