• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Whoa whoa....whoa...easy Xbox ad....

Mrs. Pink

TRIBE Member
Alex, you have an xBox ad with audio at the top of the page that almost blew my face off when it played.

I'm old, I don't like loud noises.

LOUD NOISES!!

lobo

TRIBE Member
Why the hell am I seeing such a large ad at the bottom of my Nexus 7 all of a sudden? Very annoying and does not going away unless you explicitly click the X on it. Chewing up some valuable screen real estate.

Lobo

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Why the hell am I seeing such a large ad at the bottom of my Nexus 7 all of a sudden? Very annoying and does not going away unless you explicitly click the X on it. Chewing up some valuable screen real estate.
Same here (but on an iOS device).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lobo

TRIBE Member
its called payin bills and making money

dont blame the guy. internet isn't free
I've never had any issues with the other ads and I totally get that he's gotta pay the bills. The problem with this particular ad is that it's like one of those old school flash based ads that covers part of your screen. Most people can't stand those and is what leads to people either not visiting the site anymore or installing an adblocker.

Lobo

JamesM

TRIBE Member

Lobo
It's happening on my iPhone IOS7 Chrome as well. I find it severely detracts from the vibe of the board since I zoom in alot, and the ad at the bottom just zooms exponentially.

when I click on a link it's the same thing, I have to close it. It really makes me not want to browse more than anything.

Tahoe

TRIBE Member
How about some of you people that are complaining give donations to make the site ad free?

That being said, of the three forums that I frequent, this is the only one with annoying ads.