• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

who will break out in 2004?

RELEASE RECORDS

TRIBE Promoter
my picks are:

subsky
starkid
benz & md
chris salt

& an honourable mention goes to mitch alexanders pick, petter.

jerome @ release

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
i think that matthew dekay will explode if he hasnt already! his production is WIIIIIIIICKED!!!

another duo is definitely greg benz & md. their tunes are WIIIICKED!!!

i also think that subsky will shine too

next...

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
i wasn't a huge fan of matthew dekays production work, but after hearing his reworking of intergalactic i have a newfound appreciation for his work...

also been hearing some great things about steven caicedo...some really solid mixes & work on proton...

wonder who will be this years chable or pearson...two guys who being relatively unknown produced some of the biggest works of the year...looking forward to another great year of tunes...

jc

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
hopefully starkidz and chirs micali have a good year.

actually, here is to hoping that luke fair has a luke chable-ish type of year---* takes a sip of a drink*

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
^^^nesta agreed totally...steve has come into his own as a dj and his headphones track is a great debut...

jc

deep

TRIBE Member
off the top of my head, people I think are due for being heard more than they are now :

subsky
chris micali
brad copeland
fretwell
naveen g

speaking of subsky and people who need to be broken out there, there's a guy named ozgur can...subsky drops a lot of his work, and what i've heard so far I quite like, but haven't seen this guy's stuff anywhere other than in subsky sets

there's another tune subsky pimped a while back by dogu dimmez called "possible" that would be killer if ever released

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oeretS
DJ:Terry

not really progressive, but really amazing dirty tech house.
do you have any links to sets or anything? I'd like to hear his sound.

RELEASE RECORDS

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by deep
speaking of subsky and people who need to be broken out there, there's a guy named ozgur can...subsky drops a lot of his work, and what i've heard so far I quite like, but haven't seen this guy's stuff anywhere other than in subsky sets
i have some of ozcurs trax & they are quite nice...i believe hes a middle eastern fella living in sweden at the moment...& i agree, he should also make some noise this year.

jerome @ release

deep

TRIBE Member
do you know what the status is of his tune "weightless"? It's absolutely brilliant. Is it going to be picked up by a label or anything?

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SKIB
is it necessary to name the same names as everyone else?
okay, let's do the prog wanker thing and name some obscure dude who hasn't been consistently putting out good stuff just so that we can have street cred and get chicks

Blu-i

TRIBE Member
I try to keep up on music but I admit I'm not totally knowing of everything. I've heard a few Subsky and Starkid things, and I honestly don't see them getting very far past the deep prog lovers. When I was at industry reunion at koolhaus and I heard Matt C play Ride, I realized Luke Chable has really broken out. When you have the mainstream house Djs playing your stuff then you've broken out. Frankly I doubt Subsky and Starkid and some of the other names mentioned here are going to go anywhere this next year. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong, but I don't buy it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories