• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Who wants a dawg?

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Hello,

My roomate wanted me to post this on tribe to see if anyone is interested or know of anyone that is interested.

Here are the deets:

I have a 4 year old Australian Cattle dog looking for a home, trained, neutered and vaccinated. Our old Super Pet boss had a baby and t h e dog is not great with kids, he didn't do anything to the baby and has never with anyone else, just growling, she is just assuming the worst! She has an appointment to put him down next week. He is good with female dogs and fine with cats. We have met him and he is the most loving thing, his owners husband has given her an ultimatum about the dog. He has never been into dogs so it is an excuse to get rid of him. I'm sure the dog would stay if it were up to her, she is just that kind of girl who will follow his lead.

This is what they look like:

If anyone is interested...shoot me a PM.

Lates,

Ben

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
must... hold back... anger... irresponsible pet owners make me crazy in the head...

I can't believe your friend would kill the dog. Give her to the Humane Society or an independant rescue group. Such a cute dog. :(

lucky1

TRIBE Member
NO offence but this makes me mad. She made an appointment to put him down in one week?!

Why didn't she spend the 9 months she was pregnant looking for a good home for him.

This is so unfair to the animal. Or she could have enrolled him in classes to learn how to deal with the baby.

THere are so many more options than killing an animal who has done nothing wrong. How she could look it in the eyes is beyond me.:mad: :(

zee

TRIBE Member
^ totally agreed!
Growling at at the arrival of a new baby is not an uncommon thing and euthanasia is a ridiculous overreaction.
There are many things she can do to stop the growling and prevent anything further from happening.
Exrboy, tell your old boss to keep the dog and dump her asshole of a husband :mad:

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
For the record it's not my friend that's putting down the dawg. He's trying to help find an owner. It's basically the husband who's the jerky as he wanted to find an excuse to get rid of the dawg and the growling is his excuse :rolleyes: They would give it to the humane society but apparently the humane society cannot accept dawgs that have shown aggression to humans (even stupid dog owners).

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zee
Exrboy, tell your old boss to keep the dog and dump her asshole of a husband :mad:
Exactly. Except the soon-to-be mommy needs a good shaking too.

I shudder to think what kind of parents these people will be. :mad:

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
Exactly. Except the soon-to-be mommy needs a good shaking too.

I shudder to think what kind of parents these people will be. :mad:
Agreed. What's the father gonna do when the baby cries? My roomie actually contemplated on taking the dog for himself but we don't have the space/time to take care of such a creature.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
yes that is so disappointing.

Senseless murder of loving pets make me :mad:

I'd totally love to take the dog, but I'm already over my bylaw limit. I so want a piece of property in the country so I can save as many animals as my heart desires.

kat

TRIBE Member
the humane society is FULL right now..of kitties and puppies.

they are offering a discount on all of their services/fees

poor dog. i hope someone takes him home.

i will ask my aunt, they adopted older dogs a couple of years ago (one of them just passed away, and the other one is lonely without his friend..)

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
FYI: Just found out about this from my roomie:

Apparently my moms friend at work contacted the rescue association and they already knew about the dog and wouldn't take it for some reason. There may be more too it than just the growling, she is going to try to find out today.

As soon as I hear more...I'll let y'all know.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
This is sad I wish I could take him - can't she try somewhere else other than the humane society - did she have to say that he growled at the baby - couldnt she just say that because they had a baby it was too much to have a dog too - I cant believe they are putting him down.... :(:(

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo

I can't believe your friend would kill the dog. Give her to the Humane Society or an independant rescue group....
Those organizations would probably do the same thing.

finary

TRIBE Promoter
let me know where this guy lives
i think he deserves to be 'put down'.

welll sorrrrrrrry if this loving animal is suddenly a bit of an "inconvienance" for you sir. fucker.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
Those organizations would probably do the same thing.
Perhaps the Humane society would. Although I've heard the 'put down after a week' claim is grossly exaggerated. Mind you, I loathe The Humane Society and am probably on a list of some sort.

Rescue groups wouldn't put the dog down, unless there was a serious problem.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
whatever, a human life is WAY more important than a fucking dog.
if i owned it, and it was growling at my newborn baby like that, i'd open the door and kick it out.

Last edited:

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
whatever, a human life is WAY more important a fucking dog.
if i owned it, and it was growling at my newborn baby like that, i'd open the door and kick it out.
Or at least keep it in the back yard.

Plus that dog is ugly.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Adam
Out of curiosity...why?
Back in December 1999, Jen (my gf) and I decided we wanted a cat. We go to THS east of Yonge. Now, it's Christmas season and THS has pets on display at Queen and Yonge. We see this cat, maybe 2-3 years old, and it has only one eye. We figured no one would adopt it; I already named him Cyclops and had visions of going for Halloween as a pirate and dressing him up with an eyepatch.

So we start filling out the paperwork, and on the application you must check off on the reasons why you want the cat: companionship, breeding, mouser. Obviously we checked companionship, and skipped breeding. Perhaps I was stoned, but I figured cats like catching mice, we had a few mice, so WTF if this cat has special mouse-catching abilities hook me up.

Well, the riotgrrl manning the display denied us because we checked mouser. She said THS doesn’t want farmers and bakeries getting cats to kill mice (fair enough). She then said that the mouse’s stomach is toxic to cats and might kill the cat! Holy shit you got to be kidding! We explained we are not farmers nor bakers, although my gf grew up on a farm, has volunteered for cat rescue agencies as a foster mother (we offered references) and is basically Doctor Dolittle. We explained people may not want a one-eyed cat, and could we re-submit the paperwork. She said no, and scolded and admonished us and basically said we were bad people. I let her know how irresponsible it is to have pets on display for impulse buyers at Christmas time. Grrr. We were sad, went home and got drunk.

The next day Jen called her old cat rescue ladies, they came over with a friggin’ herd of cats, and then we got our little Xena. Life is good.

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by exrboy
and t h e dog is not great with kids, he didn't do anything to the baby and has never with anyone else, just growling, she is just assuming the worst! She has an appointment to put him down next week.

this woman should be shot.

TRIBE Member
Hobo, that's a funny story. Glad you finally got a cat anyway.

The person with the dog should try petfinder. That's where I got my dog. They do doggy adoption day thingers where people can come in and walk the dog and see if they get along. They also usually recommend a mature dog for first time dog owners.