• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Who saw the new Walmart/Playstation commercial ???

CP89

TRIBE Member
The funniest commercial I've seen in a while.

Sony Playstation 18-wheeler pulls into loading dock at a Walmart.
The Sony truck driver meets Walmart guy in shipping/receiving
area. Driver pulls open the rear door of trailer. There's a full-on
club scene "a la Element" going on in the trailer with a sick tech-house track playing. Hilarious. What the "club scene" had to do
with Sony ???dunno.

A "must see" to truly appreciate it

It was on TSN about 15 mins. ago.

Anybody else see it ???

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

UR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by CP89
The funniest commercial I've seen in a while.
There's a full-on
club scene "a la Element" going on in the trailer with a sick tech-house track playing. Hilarious. What the "club scene" had to do
with Sony ???dunno.

Made me smile, but I would not call that a sick track playing.
UR

Poot

TRIBE Member
They are also not nearly as "all American supporting" as they imply. (They are forcing America companies to produce & subcontract outside of the USA, in order to enjoy the cheap foreign labour rates needed to actually achieve the costs of production, and hence the price, demanded by Wal-Mart.)

And they have forced many companies to brand ruin by forcing them to drop their prices to econo amounts, by threatenening to otherwise pull them out of their stores if they don't sell - at Wal-Mart - at a forced, unnaturally low price.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
rent bowling for Columbine for starters

They weren't in B4C.. wasn't that K-Mart?

Jessica P said the just of it.. they are the trend setters in low-wage anti-union import heavy retail.

CP89

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
rent bowling for Columbine for starters

nice try - saw it - the store featured was k-mart.

by asking "why?", i was actually waiting for some long drawn out anti-american, anti- big corporation, pro-OCAP, whining rant from some miserable triber. ultimately, i honestly couldn't give a rat's ass.

I was simply entertained by the commercial.

deep

TRIBE Member
If consumers didn't reward Walmart for its prices, they probably wouldn't engage in the practices they do to keep driving prices down

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I actually didn't get the allure of this ad.

Then again, I fucking love their whole series of rollback ads, so I guess I can't be counted on for a proper opinion in the matter.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HMHA
die walmart die!

They're one of the biggest companies in the world.

We always talk about Walmart in Marketing.

and the funniest commercial i have seen from them was the sony playstation.. Santa commericial. I think that is from Walmart.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
I actually didn't get the allure of this ad.

Then again, I fucking love their whole series of rollback ads, so I guess I can't be counted on for a proper opinion in the matter.

hehe....i love that little whistley guy. that's what you're talking about, right?

i love him. :)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Zellers has Mossimo though so they are cooler no matter how many trucks with fake partiers in them WALMART has, so there.

mattt416

TRIBE Member
yeah, fuck walmart. every time i've gone it's been a zoo. they don't know shit from shat. one time i went to buy a shaver (one of those wet electric ones) and literally i had to stand there for four years for someone to take it out of their anti-criminal glass protection case. wtf? get a fucken clue already. and halloween? i won't even go there.

point being, there's nothing in that shit hole that's so amazingly cheap or that you can't get anywhere to warrant you having to put up with the shit that they put you through. i do like their return policy though -- you take something back and they don't even care if you've shaved your nuts with it ... they just refund it and probably throw it out. shameful.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
The music in that commercial is so much like the music I remember from my first raves in London.

That's the only reason that I found the commercial entertaining.

p.s. wal-mart sucks.

CP89

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
The music in that commercial is so much like the music I remember from my first raves in London.

That's the only reason that I found the commercial entertaining.

exactly..................................amen!

Lurch

TRIBE Member
I hate that commercial with a passion.....they have been playing it non-stop for almost a year.......it makes me change the channel.