• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Who loved Contra.....

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
as much as I did growing up?

fightlg.jpg

http://www.flashplayer.com/games/contra.html

If you're bored today and want to step back in time click on the link then click on the picture of the contra game.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Caz

TRIBE Member
GAH!! Why did I take a slack-ish day yesterday :(

Ah well, this is getting bookmarked for an upcoming non-busy day that's fer sure!!!!!!

awesome link :)

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
i LOVED this game!
and it was all about the code to get 30 lives!

up - up - down - down - left - right - left - right - B - A - B - A - select - start

EDIT: someone beat me to it! :)

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
The whole series owned.

Contra, Contra II, Super C...was there another?

Now to end the contraversy, was it UU, DD or UDUD...it was definitely abab, not baba.

Anyhow...gonna have to bust out the emulators.

Dan

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
--[Zirca]-- said:
The whole series owned.

Contra, Contra II, Super C...was there another?

Now to end the contraversy, was it UU, DD or UDUD...it was definitely abab, not baba.

Anyhow...gonna have to bust out the emulators.

Dan

UU DD

and you're right about ABAB... whoever said BABA is a n00b.

:p

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
Contra is reminding me of a few other old skool 'tendo games. 2 Of my all time faves were very under rated and probably not so popular compared to Contra...

but anyhow..

ee659795.jpg

ee6597be.jpg

In grade .. who knows... 5?....I had to write a short story for school.... So I just copied out the story from my freshly beaten Bionic Commando game.

:cool:

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
This one was easily my favourite NES game:

15459.jpg

So ahead of its time...It was in three stages. First, you had to sneak into a building while dodging gunfire. Then, you had to snipe some of the enemies from across the street. Finally, it turned into a really primitive FPS where you had to walk through the building and clear it of enemies.

rentat

TRIBE Member
I still have a working Nintendo. I've got both Contra and Lifeforce. Best games. I might go hook it up now. TETRIS AND DR. MARIO!!