• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

who likes Robsoul Recordings?

kaniz

TRIBE Member
loved their nights at boa. Even when the crowd was thin, it was still solid tunes and good times
 

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
Would love to hear Paul Woolford...Weeks is great but got overexposed here last year IMO
That may be.......but I was at every one of those nights and can say that Weeks brought something different to every show and it was always off the hook. And he is an incredible dude with tons of energy. Chatted with him a few times before his sets and he was excited as if it was his first time playing in front of people each time.

Definately the kind of DJ you want coming back often! I can't think of a single track that he played more than once even though he was back pretty often.
 

tonep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
Would love to hear Paul Woolford...Weeks is great but got overexposed here last year IMO
i have a Paul Woolford live @ Frisky and it's fucking sick!!
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Wiseman
That may be.......but I was at every one of those nights and can say that Weeks brought something different to every show and it was always off the hook. And he is an incredible dude with tons of energy. Chatted with him a few times before his sets and he was excited as if it was his first time playing in front of people each time.
Totally agreed!
but I thought a lot of the robsoul releases around that time sounded similar and the was playing all of them. ie the Phil live @ Kindergarten set was very similar to his live @ boa set....still a great DJ, I would just like to hear some other artists that havent been here before :)
 

javasoul

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Moe
I need a fix from Phil and Amir soon!!!!!!!!!

Lets have some fun :cool:
thank you for the support and interest in robsoul. i gotta say that me and phil enjoyed every single one of those nights at boa. it was also great to play alongside such talented guys, weather it be our out of town guests or our favorite toronto djs (mischief&frankie, lunnen, Gleeson).the residency will start again @ Footwork starting in november, with Phil Weeks. I m also doing a one off, last minute thing before i go back to europe, this saturday at Fluid nightclub

peace, beatz and house music

amir javasoul
 

Moe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by javasoul
thank you for the support and interest in robsoul. i gotta say that me and phil enjoyed every single one of those nights at boa. it was also great to play alongside such talented guys, weather it be our out of town guests or our favorite toronto djs (mischief&frankie, lunnen, Gleeson).the residency will start again @ Footwork starting in november, with Phil Weeks. I m also doing a one off, last minute thing before i go back to europe, this saturday at Fluid nightclub

peace, beatz and house music

amir javasoul
You rock Amir... that is such great news... RObsoul and Footwork are perfect for each... I think this is going to get real diiiiiiiirty :p

You set before DC at Boa was one of my fave's ......... "ACID"

Thanks for the goodnews

3 cheers for Robsoul :D
 

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
yeah i luv footwork and Phil was always better than the guest he played with IMO, looking forward to this.

Sweet_e
 
Top