• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Who knows the King/Bathurst area well enough?

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
So I work here and I never drive... but this morning I needed the car as I am going to the cemetery to talk to the priest about my mom's... well, anyhow... there is a parking lot, just North of King Street, on the East side... right beside Vikes something rather Industries. There was noone in the booth and no other cars had tickets in their dash and I asked this Chinese lady that parked besides me if I have to pay and she said no.

Well, I don't know, it sounds kind of fishy to have a free parking lot downtown Toronto... can someone help me with that?
Thanks.

HMHA

TRIBE Member
that parking lot is owned by vikeda industries which is the building just east on king street. it is used by employees of the company. you might get away with it for a day or two, but i wouldn't do it all the time.

i used to work with vikeda - which is why i know.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HMHA
that parking lot is owned by vikeda industries which is the building just east on king street. it is used by employees of the company. you might get away with it for a day or two, but i wouldn't do it all the time.

i used to work with vikeda - which is why i know.
Thanks so much... I don't plan on driving all the time, I take the streetcar since I live like 10 minutes away.
Should I go and check on my car, or I should be fine until 3:00pm?

HMHA

TRIBE Member
i never actually worked in the building, but many days i'd drop by for several hours at a time, and park in the lot with no problems... you should be okay for today. but i wouldn't make it a habit.

but than again - i'm not TOTALLY sure - so please don't hold me responsible should anything to your car.

:)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Hopefully I will be okay, I am going to check on it around 10:30, and if it gets towed, I am hunting your ass. ;)
Kidding!

Thanks so much anyway.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Did you all know that the Foggy Dew has 35 cent wings on Tuesday night. Went there last night...so tasty!

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by exrboy
Did you all know that the Foggy Dew has 35 cent wings on Tuesday night. Went there last night...so tasty!
Yup, went there couple of weeks ago. They are good, but not the best.

I can't seem to find a good sushi place around there, I tried "I love sushi" and the sushi sucks... I tried the Toshie Yoshie or whatever it's called and that's even worse.

finary

TRIBE Promoter
the wheat sheaf has 35 cent wings sunday, monday, AND tuesday. and they are the best wings in the city.

you'll often find me there on sundays...

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I like wheat sheaf wings but they mess with my digestive system. Foggy Dew wings imo are more chicken meat and less other chicken parts.

finary

TRIBE Promoter
mega wraps closed :( stupid quiznos and their 12 dollar meals

i'll have to give foggy dew another try. i was there when they first opened and service was shit, food was crap, and prices were high.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I love extremely hot wings and I mean EXTREME. I do not enjoy wings that are JUST hot, or hot, they need to be burning my insides for me to enjoy them.

The best wings are at Turtle Jacks in Brampton, but there is a thread on that already.
Sunday, eh?
Too bad I am in Vegas this week-end, I could have went there this Sunday.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

lucky1

TRIBE Member
The Soggy Poo. That's what I call it. THe food is average there but the service is quite shit, unless yo sit right at the bar. (hence the name soggy poo)

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
The Soggy Poo. That's what I call it. THe food is average there but the service is quite shit, unless yo sit right at the bar. (hence the name soggy poo)
That's what I thought about it.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Yeah, since I live in the building beside it I'v given it several chances and have come to the conclusion it lives up to the name.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I've been to the Foggy Dew several times...the service has always been good, and I've always enjoyed the food, as have the people I've gone with. <shrug>

~jen

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
Yeah, since I live in the building beside it I'v given it several chances and have come to the conclusion it lives up to the name.
I work right beside the 606... well, I at 642 King, so I am pretty close as well.

The COCO Rice Thai place is good though.